Trying to get the Lumia Denim camera on Nokia Icon with Windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Here is situation, I ordered two Verizon Lumia Icons for myself and my cousin. The first one that I received was a white version (my cousin's phone). After starting it up it updated to Lumia Denim a few hours later. A few days later it manually updated it to Windows 10.

Later that week, the second phone which is black arrived. That phone completely skipped the Denim update and went straight to Windows 10. The problem is that I wanted the Denim camera which has Rich Capture, etc... I tried downloading the Lumia camera directly from the App Store, but it does not have those features.

I have searched high and low trying to figure out if I could sideload the camera like on my Android daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Here is situation, I ordered two Verizon Lumia Icons for myself and my cousin. The first one that I received was a white version (my cousin's phone). After starting it up it updated to Lumia Denim a few hours later. A few days later it manually updated it to Windows 10.

Later that week, the second phone which is black arrived. That phone completely skipped the Denim update and went straight to Windows 10. The problem is that I wanted the Denim camera which has Rich Capture, etc... I tried downloading the Lumia camera directly from the App Store, but it does not have those features.

I have searched high and low trying to figure out if I could sideload the camera like on my Android daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the other route I would suggest is going back to windows 8.1 using windows device recovery tool, updating to denim, then downloading lumia camera beta and then upgrading to 10. Lumia camera beta should still work on W10M

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs