Trying to update to 8.1 Dev Preview

Shamroze Qazi

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Well i know this is a little late but yeah, i updated my nokia lumia 620 now... Today , because i had no free space left on my device. Well the problem is ... I updated it which failed a few times because of my slow internet connection.

Now when its complete and the migrating thing was complete my mobile is great ! But here are some few problems ....

I just got Data sense, no cortana , no nothing.

well it said the app store would change but nothing happened

when i go to settings > about : it says : Software : Windows phone 8.0 ??

why is it like this , i got no extra things like the pics on google , and the pictures of the apps in the Wpstore ?

well i waited alot for the download and i think it was of 500mb ?? Or something... So i wasted alot of time for like nothing ???

please help :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: WindowsPhone 8.1 UPDATE

Are u sure it was wp8.1? There was an update right before it which prepared ur device for wp8.1 which brought no new features.
When u were installing the update what did it show?

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Hey its a two stage update... First stage will prepare your phone... Second is only the 8.1 update... So its a two stage update ... You have to update again

Shamroze Qazi

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Ok well thanks for the fast replys ... I tried to go back to the Phone Update and then i pressed Check for updates... It went for a few seconds and then ... Your phone is up to date. Last checked 2 seconds ago ???

i still dont get it .... And btw i dont have the slide down thing , cortana , screenshot combination ... ?? Please help

and if it downloaded and installed the old update before 8.1 why do i have data sense ??

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Ok well thanks for the fast replys ... I tried to go back to the Phone Update and then i pressed Check for updates... It went for a few seconds and then ... Your phone is up to date. Last checked 2 seconds ago ???

i still dont get it .... And btw i dont have the slide down thing , cortana , screenshot combination ... ?? Please help

and if it downloaded and installed the old update before 8.1 why do i have data sense ??

Data sense was there since Gdr2. Check its app icon now, is it a circle or does it show ur signal strength?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Circle with a white part on the right :p
Yep I believe this what happened then. Ur carrier locked data sense when it was originally released but since u joined devpreview now and its not controlled by carrier u got the data sense with last update.
And it was actually supposed to be a 2mb update but with data sense maybe bigger.
With slow net even that take hours to download and fails a lot(happened to me first when I tried then I give up..)

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So ... What do i do now to get the 8.1 update , the cortana thing and the ... Blah blah blah's

Well it shld have poped up right away after installing this update. But since ur saying that its not showing even after u checked for updates I am not too sure, may be cos its sunday and all.
But there was a thread here a few days ago saying Microsoft halted Dev preview roll out to fix some error it was causing during installation and they will only re release the update by May 2nd or so, I dunno if that's the case for all devices or it was for the ones getting an error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss