Turn around for Microsoft Windows Phones

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello, Dan, and Everyone :

We all know for price point and specs included, Microsoft phones offer a lot, but of course not just that is what will help in the end to increase Microsoft's market share.

What do you believe will be the turn around from Microsoft in the mobile business? Having the surface pro engineers take over the mobile business? An increase in popular apps in the Microsoft store? Or is the more to it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for giving your input. It's nice to hear all of your opinions in a nice manner. If Microsoft is looking for the next big thing like a fold able phone with ARM, do you believe if it's not ready by 2018 is that the end for Microsoft?

It's already the end times for Microsoft in mobile, but Microsoft isn't going to roll over anytime soon. It's other divisions are doing well, even as the traditional PC loses ground to mobile.

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Very good point Microsoft is a company who has their phone tested well so that performance is what customers are looking for, and not have to worry about exploding batteries. In good time it will be seen how all of this comes together.

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Pc may being losing grounds comparatively to mobile, but the one thing pc's will still at the moment have over mobile is ease of use for typing, viewing sports events, and movies better.

Ciscoca

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Every new device has its growing pains, which is why we all have to be patient for a company to get things right. I feel as though a company do enough testing and still have issues, but well that is the nature of fast producing mobile devices.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps there will come a time when we can all live with one device but I feel like that is a long time away. There's just too much software split between the multitude of ecosystems that makes it hard to have just one device. Plus, I can't imagine a replacement for a nice large keyboard and monitor. I also wonder if/when people when age out their smartphone. They're wonderful devices, but like the teenage boy that assumed he was going to wear black makeup and spikey hair forever, eventually they'll realize they need a PC, a shower, and a flannel shirt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro