Turn off capitals after commas?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have recently noticed Windows 10 Mobile has started to capitalise the 'I' for contracted words, usually after a comma. For example, It's gets a capital I every time it follows a comma. This seems incorrect? How do I tell the phone to stop doing this? It never did it before, I don't quite know what I've done to trigger this behaviour. I'll check to see if full Windows does this later, but it is becoming a right chore to keep correcting.

Thanks helpful chums. Any solutions gratefully received.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I've found the keyboard settings and turned off the option to capitalise the first letter after a full stop. Just in case some bug had happened. Unfortunately, this does not affect the problem (well, since no full stop is involved that's not a big surprise). Still looking for the right option. Any clues folks?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I only have the one language on my phone (being UK English). This means swiping won't change anything because there are no other languages installed to switch to (including US English).

I have found that turning off all spelling autocorrection solves the problem, which is odd because it does not then highlight the correct form as a spelling error (it's with a lower case i is in the dictionary). Heck, it just tried the same trick there following a (, I had to correct.

Clearly turning off all autocorrect is not the solution here, but it does impact things. Does that give anyone a clue that could help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99