Question Typing gone crazy - not keyboard

eddacker

May 6, 2024
Visit site
Turned off computer last night when all was good. Started this am and was using mouse successfully. Then needed to type and this is the result:

This first line is pressing the 'a' key repeatedly. Pattern repeats for any key, but the starting point can vary depending on where you stopped previously.

vbnm,./1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;’‘zxcvbnm,./12

the next line is using the '0' key repeatedly on the keypad.

I have a logi wireless kb and tried a usb wired one with same result. I changed batteries in the wireless and verified all settings and drivers.
I do not suspect the unified receiver, as the mouse works fine.
Who has seen this before? What am I missing.
TIA

eddacker

May 6, 2024
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboards? Have you tried rolling back the drivers for the keyboards?
Thanx for the reply. I never rolled back, but everything else was tried. On screen kb worked well. Then, later that day, I sat down and - in true windows style - it was working again.
It truly is magic.

Wakeboards

Jul 15, 2024
Visit site
I had a similar experience with my mechanical keyboard once. I turned on my computer, and it started typing gibberish like yours! I thought it was broken, but it turned out I just needed to clean the switches. A little compressed air did the trick.

Have you checked for any stuck keys? Sometimes, debris can get under them, causing weird behavior. Also, I found that using a USB hub instead of connecting directly to the computer helped with some interference issues. If you’re into qwertybro keyboards, maybe it’s worth considering an upgrade. They can feel amazing to type on!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajjad1122