UK users, best 1520 deal

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently with Vodafone and due an upgrade, I've been onto the Vodafone website, its a bit odd but they have a page which offers the 1520, but the following page with price plans is blank. Over the weekend I dropped into Orange (EE), phones4u and carphone warehouse. No one had even heard of the 1520. Considering it apparently launched in the UK last week I would have thought nokia/ms would have really pushed it into as many stores and contract providers websites as possible, but apparently not..........anyway, are there any UK early adopters out there??? Where did you get your phone from and what's your opinion if it so far? Thanks, JC

pmt32577

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a black one from Clove, sim free and unlocked but using it on my T-Mobile 3g contract. It is very large but it fits in my jeans pocket comfortably and the screen is absolutely fantastic. It makes my old 920 look like a toy. I'll be looking to add myself to my wife's EE 4g shared data plan when my contract runs out and never worry about upgrades again.

TheLiege

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my White one on Vodafone from Carphone Warehouse online. Turned up on Friday, only issue was it came with a micro SIM not a nano but popped into a shop and they swapped it over and was working by the time I was back in my car.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Liege. Who is the contract carrier? Do you mind sharing which contract you managed to get it on (minutes, texts, data). Thanks again, JC

DanteJ25

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm finding it a problem that it seems that none of my local stores have any information. O2 seem to have no info but its coming soon on their website and phones4u have none in store but are taking names and numbers for when it comes in, where I'm 3rd in the queue. Has anyone been able to pick one up in retail stores yet?

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dante, I think you'd struggle to find it in a retail store at this point, at least the people you spoke to knew what the 1520 was........the morons I dealt with over the weekend were some of the least informed technology sales people I've come across. The guy in the EE store looked at me like I'd arrived from Mars, said "nah, there's no such thing, you want the 1020!!" When I started to explain what the 1520 was he (no word of a lie) turned on his heel and started talking to another customer........

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The 1st one I can find in the high street, so I can quickly double check the size, I will buy. Either car phone ware house or phones4u.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here (Central Birmingham) re high street availability. Been to two P4U and three Carphone Warehouse outlets where the 1520 is nowhere to be seen. At least staff knew what I was talking about.

I want to check it out before buying but it looks increasingly likely one is going to end up on my desk soon.

DanteJ25

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I can both believe that happened to you applesux and i can cant believe that they could do that too. im sitting on a simplicity waiting to upgrade to a refresh as i can get a student discount on that directly from o2 instore, but dont know if P4U can do this too. Will have to wait and see what the rest of this week brings i suppose.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I heard O2 will be offering it.
The last time I looked it just seems to be Vodafone if you're looking for a contract.
It was only Carphone Warehouse too, but Phones4U have announced they're taking pre-orders now too.

Here's a thread about UK SIM free prices.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/251811-current-uk-sim-free-prices.html#post2237983

SIM free is my preference as for many years I've always had a better deal doing it that way.
The contract subsidies aren't as good as they used to be.

TheLiege

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Liege. Who is the contract carrier? Do you mind sharing which contract you managed to get it on (minutes, texts, data). Thanks again, JC

It was my Vodafone upgrade, got the standard offer on their website ?38 a month unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 2GB data, free phone.

They did offer me a 4G contract for ?38 a month with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 6GB data but they wanted ?50 up front and I a) don't have ?50 to spend on myself in December and b) don't get Vodafone 4G in Oxford.

kougei

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Was also in the high street, wanting to see the 1520 in the flesh, but cpwh or p4u instore had no knowledge of it.

Luckily I'm out of contract at tmobile, and they confirmed not doing it, so was free to shop online for new contract. Best offers were mobiles.co.uk who also do quidco.

Went for Vodafone 24 months 4g, ?34 pm, unlimited calls/texts, 6gb data, ?110 phone. Already shipped via DPD arrives tomorrow.

Also got the following case ordered and a Nokia BH-907 headset.
Caseflex Accessories For Nokia Lumia 1520 Real Genuine Leather Flip Case Cover | eBay
Nokia BH-907 Reaction Bluetooth Headset: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

There was similar deal on there at ?42 pm, with a free PS4 , but as my contract is through work, couldn't justify it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077