UK variant firmware for 64GB 1020

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This may seem a daft question as the model is exclusive to O2 but is there an unbranded UK country variant firmware available for the 64GB 1020?

Just a bit concerned that when O2 give me the unlock code, I could be stuck with their branded firmware.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
This may seem a daft question as the model is exclusive to O2 but is there an unbranded UK country variant firmware available for the 64GB 1020?

Just a bit concerned that when O2 give me the unlock code, I could be stuck with their branded firmware.

no 64gb variant any where else bar telefonica group at the minute mate , plus with navifirm being down how would you get the files to flash? can people extract them or cache them? i am hoping o2 dont let us down with updates

on the flipside its only a little branded , start screen , couple of apps , couple of bookmarks ;-)

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
no 64gb variant any where else bar telefonica group at the minute mate , plus with navifirm being down how would you get the files to flash? can people extract them or cache them? i am hoping o2 dont let us down with updates

on the flipside its only a little branded , start screen , couple of apps , couple of bookmarks ;-)

Cheers.

I was wondering if the 32GB United Kingdon CV firmware would work but it would probably brick the phone so I'm in no rush to try it myself :)

Navifirm+ still works..just have to pay €3 for the privilege.

Wiz

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
All firmware will work, regardless of color and memory size. Only requirement is that you stay within your device sub-family (rm-875, rm-876 or rm-877) otherwise you run into issues with radio bands etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Wiz

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
All firmware will work, regardless of color and memory size. Only requirement is that you stay within your device sub-family (rm-875, rm-876 or rm-877) otherwisr you run into issues with radio bands etc

I have been using a German O2 64Gb device with NL 32Gb firmware for 3 weeks now... Runs fine

Wiz

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Wiz...I'll give it a go when I get my unlock code.

Note, cross-flashing from firmware to another firmware can only be done in recovery mode, and in essence equals a hard reset. so please backup your device into skydrive first and make sure pictures are saved as well...

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Note, cross-flashing from firmware to another firmware can only be done in recovery mode, and in essence equals a hard reset. so please backup your device into skydrive first and make sure pictures are saved as well...

Thanks.

Don't suppose there's a guide I can follow is there?

I've never flashed a Windows Phone device before but I do have plenty of experience with Symbian handsets with Phoenix and Jaf.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
OMG...it worked!!

Was away for most of the weekend but I have just got round to giving this a go and I'm pleased to report that it worked.

I downloaded the country variant 1020 firmware for the yellow model for the RM-875 subfamily. I had to get hold of a more recent version of NCS than I had but it worked first time. There was a couple of heart in mouth moments as the reboot seemed to take an age and it went to a black screen for a few seconds but it all worked out ok.

So happy.

Thanks for the help Wiz..I owe you a pint mate!

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Couple of downsides so far....

There are 24 downloads showing in the store with 'Attention required. Tap here.'. I take it these are apps that are no longer published so I'm going to have to compare the app lists on my 920 and 1020 to see what exactly is missing and find suitable replacements.

Also, my high res photos are no longer available in the gallery. Before flashing, I backed up my photos and copied them all back to the phone after flashing but there's no option to view images in ProCam anymore which is a huge disappointment.

I'm also tying to work out which accent colour looks best with the yellow 1020. Not a problem as such, it's down to personal preference. Yellow seems to go well but some tiles, especially email don't read too well with white text. Amber seems a little dull. The red contrasts well with the yellow body and works well with the black display but I'm not a huge fan of red....

Siddhartha Zuga

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How do you do it? i cant do it!! i hav RM-877 AT&T Yellow and i want to install another RM-877 (TELCEL) but i cant, how u do it?

Please!!!
OMG...it worked!!

Was away for most of the weekend but I have just got round to giving this a go and I'm pleased to report that it worked.

I downloaded the country variant 1020 firmware for the yellow model for the RM-875 subfamily. I had to get hold of a more recent version of NCS than I had but it worked first time. There was a couple of heart in mouth moments as the reboot seemed to take an age and it went to a black screen for a few seconds but it all worked out ok.

So happy.

Thanks for the help Wiz..I owe you a pint mate!

Siddhartha Zuga

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, can u explain me? i though that i need FIRST install lumia 920 firmware in my Lumia 1020 right? then i reinstall again the firmware but with my RM-877, its correct?

No..you need to follow the guide but replace all references to 920 and RM-821 with 1020 and RM-877. Your variant details and product code will be different too.

First, download your required RM-877 firmware with navifirm. Place it in the required folder. Then start Nokia Care Suite -> Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 -> File -> Open Product -> RM-877 (Nokia Lumia 1020) -> Programming -> Recovery. The RM-877 firmware details should appear in the window. Click start.

Follow the phone directions.

That should do it....

Is your 1020 unlocked for use on other networks?

Siddhartha Zuga

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Its Unlocked , i do it like u say but always i hav this message:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

No..you need to follow the guide but replace all references to 920 and RM-821 with 1020 and RM-877. Your variant details and product code will be different too.

First, download your required RM-877 firmware with navifirm. Place it in the required folder. Then start Nokia Care Suite -> Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 -> File -> Open Product -> RM-877 (Nokia Lumia 1020) -> Programming -> Recovery. The RM-877 firmware details should appear in the window. Click start.

Follow the phone directions.

That should do it....

Is your 1020 unlocked for use on other networks?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've no idea I'm afraid.

The process in the 920 link worked perfectly for me on my 1020 and 920.

Its Unlocked , i do it like u say but always i hav this message:

0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb