Unable to update to Amber

driver1676

May 14, 2013
Visit site
There was a hardware issue with my previous 928 so I had to replace it. My new one says it's up to date even though it doesn't say it has Amber. Does anyone know why I can't update?

freddyfromutah

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the club, I've asked and can't get an answer from Verizon or Nokia.

VZW Support ‏@VZWSupport 11h
@freddyfromutah No worries! You will get it soon. It may take a few days for the notification to arrive. Let us know if exceeds a week! ^LA

Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS 14h
@freddyfromutah As mentioned, exact delivery timings will vary, check for updates availability on your phone periodically. ^RT

Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS 15h
@freddyfromutah (cont.) but we expect the update to reach your Lumia by the end of September. ^RT

Nokia Care US ‏@NokiaCareUS 15h
@freddyfromutah The update is rolling out in phases, by carrier. Exact delivery timings will vary, (cont.) ^RT

Teeb omus

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same situation for me. Previous phone did Amber update the night I got it. Had to replace it yesterday and now phone shows up to date, but no Amber update. Guess Ill just wait.

defdogg

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to Verizon and Nokia today about this and I was told that the Amber OTA was placed on hold until the end of September.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to Verizon and Nokia today about this and I was told that the Amber OTA was placed on hold until the end of September.

As annoying as waiting may be, I'm sure this is for the best. I have a 928 in my hands at the moment because I've had two 822's that bricked when being updated, trust me, it's not been fun. There's way too many stories like this. I'm happy to have a 928, but would be just as happy with my old 822, maybe more so since the size is more to my liking and it will have FM radio. They need to figure out why this update is not as smooth as the last, it's got to be costing money to replace this many phones when before they were happy because the Windows phones had many less problems than Android ones. Not to mention, it's creating unhappy customers in a group that's generally been pretty happy with the devices they get.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for info. I just got replacement 928 yesterday, no Amber either. Will suck to wait until the end of September, I would like to the Smart Cam for my trip out west in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll hold onto my other one until then.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Does flashing violets warranty of the product??? Any other problem with flashing???

Yes, flashing violates the warranty, it's why I haven't gone that route. Maybe it's the smoothest way to do it and it rarely bricks a phone, but I'd hate to brick the phone, need a replacement and void my warranty just because I was impatient about an update when the phone is working great as is. If flashing is smooth and rarely causes a problem, i.e., no reports of being stuck in gear mode, that'd be really good to know. I've never done anything like that, seems more advanced than my WP knowledge, so I didn't do it.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So, I finally have all the update files needed. For the hell of it did a Check for updates on my phone, and wouldn't you know it UPDATES AVAILABLE.
Amber is installing now,, gears are spinning,, w00t???

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is finished. I checked over an hour ago and couldn't believe it was there and thought I'd give it a whirl before sending back the other phone in case it didn't go well. Update installed and it was nice and painless. Group messaging is now there and so is Glance and the rest. Hope everything goes smoothly for others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte