Uninstalling windows 10

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I have a windows 7 pro and have received an update for windows 10. But before I install, I have a question, the laptop I have is a companies laptop and I shall have to return it after an year or so. At that time I shall have to format the laptop and the IT will re install windows 7 for the next user it is assigned to. The HP laptop has a windows key at the bottom of the laptop.
So my question is, is it OK for me to update and will the key still work for win 7 pro after an year or so.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a windows 7 pro and have received an update for windows 10. But before I install, I have a question, the laptop I have is a companies laptop and I shall have to return it after an year or so. At that time I shall have to format the laptop and the IT will re install windows 7 for the next user it is assigned to. The HP laptop has a windows key at the bottom of the laptop.
So my question is, is it OK for me to update and will the key still work for win 7 pro after an year or so.
They usually re-image returned laptops in my business. Don't they do that where you work?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If this is a company laptop, then I would suggest asking your company's IT department (or whoever is responsible for the hardware), they might not want you to install Windows 10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss