Unlock ATT GoPhone Not Yet Put Into Service - Able to use abroad?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi Folks,

I received the Nokia Lumia 520 - AT&T No-Contract GoPhone at a conference a few years back and have never used the phone because I already had a phone/contract plan I liked. I am now traveling to Africa in a months and don't want to use my current phone/contract because of the crazy international plan that Verizon has.

I am wondering if it is possible to use the phone with a SIM card purchased from vodacom locally in South Africa when I arrive or if i need to go through the unlocking process with at&t first?

Thank you in advance!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I received the Nokia Lumia 520 - AT&T No-Contract GoPhone at a conference a few years back and have never used the phone because I already had a phone/contract plan I liked. I am now traveling to Africa in a months and don't want to use my current phone/contract because of the crazy international plan that Verizon has.

I am wondering if it is possible to use the phone with a SIM card purchased from vodacom locally in South Africa when I arrive or if i need to go through the unlocking process with at&t first?

Thank you in advance!
You'll have to unlock it. Search for att device unlock on Bing. There should be an att webpage that will take you to the device unlock portal.

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)