Unlock Code from AT&T denied?????

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I submitted a request to have an unlock code for my 950xl so it could be used on T-Mobile. After 3 days with no update, I entered my request number and was advised that Microsoft no longer supported this device and AT&T could not get the code.

WTH: Has anyone else faced this?

I resubmitted and will see what happens. Scary stuff.
:devil:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wait, which phone? No carrier has the 950xl directly, but if you mean the 950, I would suggest doing what you did already. Hopefully it will work this time.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Wait, which phone? No carrier has the 950xl directly, but if you mean the 950, I would suggest doing what you did already. Hopefully it will work this time.

The reason I even requested the code was so a buyer could activate on T-Mobile. When we put his SIM card in, it did not recognize it leading me to believe the phone was locked to AT&T; hence the request. I was shocked at the response. I am giving it another shot. Will update.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, my only possible guess is that maybe you registered the IMEI with AT&T and that might be why it is acting odd. Can you call AT&T and ask them to remove that device IMEI from their system.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd. Wait, have you ever registered the IMEI with Cricket? If not, I have no idea what the issue can be.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, that's odd. Wait, have you ever registered the IMEI with Cricket? If not, I have no idea what the issue can be.

Since I used it for a few weeks on Cricket it had to be listed with them otherwise the SIM would not have worked. Frustrating.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought it used and never used it on AT&T. I used it on Cricket. Both are the same company I would think.

No, they are not the same company when it comes to device locking. An AT&T locked device will work on Cricket, but a Cricket device will not work on AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb