Unlock Nokia 920 from Orange/EE UK

grsbanks

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
@supersneak

What did you do in order to get your unlock code so quickly?

It is now late April 2014. I asked for mine early September 2013, ie. nearly 8 months ago, and still don't have it. The request has been "escalated" so many times someone ought to be looking for it on the moon by now.

In all fairness, EE did refund me eventually so I'm guessing they're considering that as "problem solved".

grsbanks

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Update (22/05/2014): No, I still don't have the unlock code... I did try fonefunshop as recommended by some people here but they got back to me very quickly with "Sorry, we can't get the code for you" and gave me a full refund. Ditto for another service called code-unlock-now.

However, I've just been speaking to customer services. According to them it's a team in India that deals with unlock requests and they're basically not doing their job. EE are bringing this service back to the UK as far as the chap I spoke to knows. Whether this is yet another excuse to fob me off or the truth, I don't know. We'll see what happens in the near future. Meanwhile I might well try politely e-mailing the addresses that were given further up in this discussion (going in there all guns blazing won't help however tempting it is).