Unlocked AT&T Lumia 640, compatible with T-Mobile's text system?

Tsukino

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
unlocked AT&T Lumia 640, compatible with T-Mobile's text system?

Hello!

I am thinking about getting a second Lumia 640 (Go Phone from AT&T) to use on T-Mobile's network. I had bought one from T-mobile while they were available during the summer and LOVE IT. Sadly, by the time I thought to buy a second one (in the fall), T-Mobile no longer carried it. BOOOOO!!

The second phone will be for my husband, who currently is using a Lumia 900 that is an unlocked AT&T phone. Our biggest beef at the moment is that whenever a text message with a picture attached is sent to his phone, he can't open the picture (I forget what the message is that appears, but when you click on the link, it will spin like it will open but it would instead pop that link up again). The previous owner had no issues with this when it was on AT&T. We checked settings and such to no avail.

So, here is my question.
To those whom have unlocked their Lumia 640 from AT&T and brought the phone to T-mobile, have any of you have this issue where mass text messages can't be viewed or picture text messages can't be opened? Or does the phone respond normally/smoothly? Able to receive mass texts (group texts without issues?) and pictures via texts?

Thank you all for your help.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: unlocked AT&T Lumia 640, compatible with T-Mobile's text system?

I have unlocked the L640 AT&T GoPhone (WP 8.1) and used it on TMO without messaging issues. However, I have experienced some missing text messages with my L950XL (WM10). You'll be fine for the most part.

Tsukino

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Awesome to know. Thank you for your input. ^_^

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

I get picture texts fine on mine, not sure on the group texts i have not done those yet. Just make sure your mms settings are right and everything should work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte