Unlocking AT&T Lumia 920 with developer account???

richardzado

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw an article on eBay and the guy is selling an Unlocked AT&T Lumia 920. He wrote this:

"I only opened the box to make sure everything was in it, and to plug it into my Windows 8 Developer acct to unlock the phone. I am an amateur app developer for Android, Google, and Windows 8. Windows 8 charges $100 for this ability. With my acct I can have three Windows 8 phones unlocked. This is one of the three."
IC622522.png

I went to the Developers website and read this:

"Registering the phone requires an active developer account on Windows Phone Dev Center. Each developer account lets you register three devices for app development. After you create a developer account and register your phone, you can install, run, and debug apps on the phone."

MY QUESTION IS: if I pay $100 for a developer account, will I be able to unlock three AT&T Lumia 920 devices?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No, I think by this he means developer unlocked.

Basically it allows developers to run their unsigned apps for testing purposes, and people who aren't developers to play around with unsigned apps. It's not the same as carrier/network unlocking.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I saw that eBay ad.. someone got took for their money and is going to be PO'd when they try using it on another carrier if it's just app unlocked and not carrier unlocked. The guy had put some questionable description in there too IMO. Something about how his dev unlockde phone was better than the BUILD phones because those were beta's/pre-releases.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre