Unlocking the At&t 520 GoPhone

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've just recently bought some new go phones cause of the Microsoft eBay deals but didn't realize that they were locked. Has anyone successfully unlocked theirs ?
If so, how can I unlock mines as I do not live in the US. I really need these unlocked. Or does anyone know of any good and cheap unlocking sites ? Please help. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlocking the At&t 520 GoPhone

Look at this site. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...w.att.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2FI&token=A-R5IEQn'm willing to wager you're probably screwed though. Might want to try sites like cellunlocker.net, but the odds are against you.

If it were me I'd try to unload those phones as a gift (like to a child, someone who'd use it as an iPod touch/PDA) or resell them and try to get something factory unlocked.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll try to use the site. But I wanted this phone as a backup as i have experienced only having one phone is tough when it just stops working out of the blue and i would hate to lose the money I've spent on them. No one would want to buy these without being able to make calls and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There's a market for non-phones believe me, especially low cost devices. (not a big one, but I remember being one such enthusiast)

I fear the requirements might be too much for an ATT customer, but hey, fingers crossed.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll try to use the site. But I wanted this phone as a backup as i have experienced only having one phone is tough when it just stops working out of the blue and i would hate to lose the money I've spent on them. No one would want to buy these without being able to make calls and stuff.
Was really hoping someone on these boards who have an at&t account would help me. It's not hard for them to do at all but it boils down to a favor. Sigh. I'll try and see if I can get these unlocked.

I got two unlocked. Tried several options but after two or three days got a refund.
Try sim-unlock.net it was the cheapest and effective available, took around 12 days and $15 usd dollars each.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

There's a market for non-phones believe me, especially low cost devices. (not a big one, but I remember being one such enthusiast)

I fear the requirements might be too much for an ATT customer, but hey, fingers crossed.

Yea I know but I live I the Bahamas and that market is substantially smaller and seeing as to how I had to pay tax and shipping for it, the selling price to recuperate my loses would turn many people away for a non-phone..

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I got two unlocked. Tried several options but after two or three days got a refund.
Try sim-unlock.net it was the cheapest and effective available, took around 12 days and $15 usd dollars each.

Wow, well I will give that site a try then. Thanks a lot man ! Hope it works for me.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Wow, well I will give that site a try then. Thanks a lot man ! Hope it works for me.

Try the link xandros9 posted. I got 2 Lumia 520s unlocked from AT&T for free. Tell the support folks to open up a ticket if you get an error. They create a ticket and provide you the unlock code within 24 hours. And yes, you don't have to be an AT&T customer

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Try the link xandros9 posted. I got 2 Lumia 520s unlocked from AT&T for free. Tell the support folks to open up a ticket if you get an error. They create a ticket and provide you the unlock code within 24 hours. And yes, you don't have to be an AT&T customer

So just go online and fill out the information meaning fill out the gophone information or the non At&t one ? I'm guessing the non at&t customer one ? Sorry if I sound ignorant. Just confused a bit.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Go here:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ceunlock%2F%23%2Funlockrequest&token=YzmBSqCH

Select non-ATT customer. Fill out the form. If the IMEI gives you an error, contact AT&T support and tell them about the error. They will open a ticket and email you the unlock code within a day. Now the phone you are trying to unlock should be fully paid. The GoPhone Lumia 520 which in this case is eligible for unlock rightaway using the above link

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So just go online and fill out the information meaning fill out the gophone information or the non At&t one ? I'm guessing the non at&t customer one ? Sorry if I sound ignorant. Just confused a bit.

If the free unlock method through AT&T works for you 👏 😊 great, come back to share how it went.
Maybe it's about luck or the person that takes care of your case. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, I wanted to sell one of the two phones that I got during the Amazon 20 bucks deal, sold it today for $110 so I'm happy 😊.

Good luck to you!!!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
If the free unlock method through AT&T works for you 👏 😊 great, come back to share how it went.
Maybe it's about luck or the person that takes care of your case. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, I wanted to sell one of the two phones that I got during the Amazon 20 bucks deal, sold it today for $110 so I'm happy 😊.

Good luck to you!!!

I managed to get one unlocked ! Hoping the other two go as smooth as well. It only took two days to recieve the code with no hassle whatsoever. I got the unlock code through email as well.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Go here:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ceunlock%2F%23%2Funlockrequest&token=GdIZbzO7

Select non-ATT customer. Fill out the form. If the IMEI gives you an error, contact AT&T support and tell them about the error. They will open a ticket and email you the unlock code within a day. Now the phone you are trying to unlock should be fully paid. The GoPhone Lumia 520 which in this case is eligible for unlock rightaway using the above link

Thanks a lot man !! It worked !! Only took two days too. I'm hoping the other two go smoothly as well. This is awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077