UPDATED: Nokia EOS , Thickness/weight/hump/looks VS SAMSUNG.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia EOS , Thickness/weight/hump/looks concerns... are ...

Now that I've pulled off some free time, here's my opinion in the design.
I'd like something closer to the N8 or the 808 in terms of the hump.
Pack an extremely loud speaker in it. Make it rectangular. Make it comfortable to use as a thumb rest.
Otherwise, I'm okay with it. Now, if they could only put a lanyard slot, my body is ready.
nokia-eos-hands-on-leak.jpg

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I never knew we had so many fashion-conscious buying smart phones. Dudes don't usually play that role. Man, I would rock this phone in a NY minute as long as it can charge on my QI and I can get a case that protects the camera when I put it down. I don't want it scuffed up.

Question: is the camera flash xenon?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

When the Nokia EOS photos leaked the first thing I read about was how it has the big hump, the strange looks , the weight and the thickness.

I read things like I wouldn't want to hold a phone that heavy or have that bulk in my skinny jeans.
To those techoles ( a term coined by me)

I'd say check out EOS's competition

Introducing Galaxy zoom S4 something (Anyone else noticing how Samsung is milking the hell out of the letter S and the 4 .?
View attachment 35420

Yes this is it folks, if you want a camera oriented smartphone that's easy to carry instead of bringing your DSLR with you... you'll find your match in the Galaxy Zoom S4 something

It has a huge bezel and TWO HUMPS and a great button at the bottom which for the life of me I have no idea how one would press without dropping this thing or at least feeling the weight of the top.

and its appropriately named zoom as in lossless zooming? , now where did I ever hear about this oh right Pureview phase 1 , I can bet they implemented a half assed OIS too , but not to worry EOS is set to combine Pureview Ph1 with Pureview Ph2 where 808 sleeps with the Lumia920 and they still make a slimmer baby than Samsung's last disaster..
this camera unlike the previous one actually makes call ,Techoles imagine how dumb one would look talking to his camera. that's right i'd take the yellow EOS over that freak of nature any day.

(Note: there are no real OIS phones other than the #lumia92X family as the HTC one does apply OIS at vertical and horizontal wobbles only while the Lumia92X can do this in all directions.)

So for the techoles please not a damn word about EOSs physical looks. If you don't want a CAMERA smartphone just don't go for EOS and leave us be. if you want a better OS than WP just go the Galaxy zoom s4 I'm sure it'll be waiting a buyer ... (Desperately)

View attachment 35421
View attachment 35422

Thanks for reading and may you afford a Nokia EOS ... :)
You do understand that you are comparing one company's prototype to a digital rendering of an unannounced product for another company? This is one step removed from arguing about which new car will be better based upon one company's clay model and another's fiberglass display. Neither are as yet real and I doubt either company will push the products beyond a bit of tech show fanfare and a reference in a product catalog. Of course people can continue to push this stuff and it will not change the fact that the best camera phone is still on par with a mediocre point and shoot.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

You do understand that you are comparing one company's prototype to a digital rendering of an unannounced product for another company? This is one step removed from arguing about which new car will be better based upon one company's clay model and another's fiberglass display. Neither are as yet real and I doubt either company will push the products beyond a bit of tech show fanfare and a reference in a product catalog. Of course people can continue to push this stuff and it will not change the fact that the best camera phone is still on par with a mediocre point and shoot.

Unfortunately your incorrect, the S4 zoom appears (most likely is) to be the latest iteration of this:
Samsung Galaxy Camera | ATT Android Camera | Samsung Mobile

Couldn't help but point that out :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I never knew we had so many fashion-conscious buying smart phones. Dudes don't usually play that role. Man, I would rock this phone in a NY minute as long as it can charge on my QI and I can get a case that protects the camera when I put it down. I don't want it scuffed up.

Question: is the camera flash xenon?

Yes, the EOS has confirmed to have a xenon flash :smile: and just wish they squeezed in an SD card slot like the L720 then it would have been my perfect phone.

Last edited:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry have you ever tried the 808 ? Point and shoot cameras are already beaten by the 808 with hundreds and hundreds of comparisons to check (google it )
I lived with the 808 and while a point and shoot could match it in SOME aspects , In Some it just destroys the hell of them. ( Videos in particular with Stereo rich sound recordings.)
And you still get a phone with a half decent modern OS (better than any point and shoot's built in OS).

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I think people are entitled to their own opinions and being a WP and Nokia fan loving my Lumia 920, I think they totally wrecked the design because EOS is simply hideous. that round bulge is just unbelievably ugly and I wouldn't buy this ever. Had buyer's remorse; no more after I see these pictures.
As for fashion-conscious smartphone buyers, most of us are. We always talk about the looks and design of the phones. That's the main thing Apple get praised about btw, they have the thinnest and lightest and yes people do care a lot about how their $700 phones look.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I think people are entitled to their own opinions and being a WP and Nokia fan loving my Lumia 920, I think they totally wrecked the design because EOS is simply hideous. that round bulge is just unbelievably ugly and I wouldn't buy this ever. Had buyer's remorse; no more after I see these pictures.
As for fashion-conscious smartphone buyers, most of us are. We always talk about the looks and design of the phones. That's the main thing Apple get praised about btw, they have the thinnest and lightest and yes people do care a lot about how their $700 phones look.

Its a camera oriented phone , its expensive because its good at what it does , imagine buying a dirt bike so you can enjoy off roads and some jackass tells you "DUDE a racing motorcycle is much more good looking than your bike ..!!!"

Ady Tamimi

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Great little post Nabkawe5! I'm sure Nokia will surprise us yet again this July. There just isn't any kind of competition for Nokia when it comes to Cameraphones. They've been doing it more than a decade and they've always been the best at it, it's amazing how they've always been years ahead in that department, they should make a full compact camera (without phone capabilities) for geeks and professional photographers!

I'm. certain we'll see three phone with 41mps next month.
Say whaat? :D

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Great little post Nabkawe5! I'm sure Nokia will surprise us yet again this July. There just isn't any kind of competition for Nokia when it comes to Cameraphones. They've been doing it more than a decade and they've always been the best at it, it's amazing how they've always been years ahead in that department, they should make a full compact camera (without phone capabilities) for geeks and professional photographers!

Say whaat? :D
agreed, but I think what Nokia really excels at is the ability to create small cameras which aren't bad , and if it went pro cameras it would face fierce competition.

Tomzilla

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it needs an externally accessible SD or microSD slot. I wouldn't mind Infrared so I can run my TV while my tail is on the couch. How about HTML TV-out? The phone is expensive, should be able to make coffee.....I mean really, manufacturing cost for those items is, what, a couple dollars??? Then, camera sells for $602 instead of $600.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria