updated to windows 10 mail/contacts/calendar don't sync

Lloyd Jenkins

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to get my mail or calendar or contacts to sync after updating to W10 on my Lumia640.

I have added the account a dozen times, it says I have completed it, but when I click on the mail icon it takes me to my other pop mail account.

If I go to manage my account I can get into my MS account but when I select view your mail it comes up with an error message saying they can't load the page.

If I go into the phone settings page and select manage my e-mail accounts the only one that shows up is my other pop mail account. I go to add an account, it once again tells me I have done everything correctly but nothing shows up.

It's like there is some place you have to sign in first or something to get anything to work but I can't seem to do it.

rlouie001

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I would do a soft reset to see if this will resolve your issues. If not, I would back up all your data and contacts and do a hard reset. Generally, a hard reset solve most problems.
Good luck!

Lloyd Jenkins

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I did a soft reset, it came back on and said I needed an update.
I did the update, took about 20 minutes, resigned in to my accounts and after about 5 minutes everything came back to normal.

So I have my outlook mail/calendar/contacts all back.

Whew!

rlouie001

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Great to hear everything is back to normal. I find that Windows 10 usually need to be restarted after an update just like doing an update on your Windows 10 PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124