Updating Lumia 800

neocero

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello people. I've bought a lumia 800 some months ago. I'm totally loving it. But the thing is, here, in Argentina, there is no windows phone device yet, so I practically don't get any updates. I'm still waiting for the volume bug fix, and I don't even know what other updates I might be missing. So I was just wondering what am I supposed to do. I really want to have the latest updates, but I'm not sure if forcing them is actually worth it. Are there any other ways? Or am I stuck with whatever update I have? How do updates work in my situation?

PS: Forgot to mention, phone is factory unlcoked, just in case it matters.

neocero

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So, I managed to update it, or sort of at least. I connected it with my computer, and zune detected the updates (wasn't detecting them on the phone, with the wifi on). Anyways, I installed the updates, and I now have OS version:7.10.8773.98 (wich I believe should be Tango), the thing is, in firmware version, its still showing the one I had before xx.xx.8107.12070 whereas all the posts I've seen showing their firmware version, show somehing like xx.xx.8773.12220.
Is this ok? Or should my firmware version be updated as well?
Any help appreciated.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Keep trying the process again on your PC and see if you get the firmware. I would guess if there are any more updates it would be available eventually since you've already done one set of updates. Probably best to post in the L800 forums as they can tell you what numbers you should be seeing.

neocero

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So no one has an idea as to why my firmware version is totally outdated when my os version is the latest (8773)?
Its really annoying since I don't get any of the new features, and i guess I'm not getting tweaks either.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
So no one has an idea as to why my firmware version is totally outdated when my os version is the latest (8773)?
Its really annoying since I don't get any of the new features, and i guess I'm not getting tweaks either.
The way it's been working for most is that they have updated via Zune (or CAB files) OS to 8112, then 8773 & then when connecting to Zune it should see an update for the Nokia 12220 firmware.

Try on Zune for the latest firmware or maybe have a go at using the CAB files.

I could only manage going to 8112 on Zune so had to use CAB sender to get 8773 then Zune showed the 12220 firmware update straight away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle