Upgrade 8.1 complete - No Cortana?

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you install both updates? After installing the first, go to the update section of your phone and search again. Another update should be available

BDAWGROCKS

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've checked a few times but no other updates are available. I seem to have all other features, just no Cortana. I checked my region and it is US eastern time zone. No avail.

One day

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
make sure your settings are as follows:
Language:
English (United States) ****
region:
United States, English (United States)
speech:
English (United States)

*** It is not correct if it is just "English", it has to be "English (United States)". On my phone the language was displaying only "English". I pressed it and there were two languages listed: English UK and English US. I dragged the US, which was below, to the top so it was prioritized and made a soft reset and it worked. Hopefully it will work for you too.

mistryman415

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Setting the Language to English (United States) and making it first on the list solved my problem for my Samsung ATIV S.. thanks so much One Day!!

Arcalis

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
make sure your settings are as follows:
Language:
English (United States) ****
region:
United States, English (United States)
speech:
English (United States)

*** It is not correct if it is just "English", it has to be "English (United States)". On my phone the language was displaying only "English". I pressed it and there were two languages listed: English UK and English US. I dragged the US, which was below, to the top so it was prioritized and made a soft reset and it worked. Hopefully it will work for you too.

I still can't get mine to work. Even after a soft reset, my phone still refuses to display my language as English (United States). Any ideas what's up?

Arcalis

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've done that. All other language-related bits and bobs are set to USA. It's just language that's English. I have put English USA at the top of the list (English UK) is underneath but still, no luck.

Arcalis

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's some weird bug as both languages are English, just one is US one is UK. I've tried adding another language so I can delete the UK language, but when the phone restarts, it's in the new language (which I can't understand!) even if English (US) is at the top of the list. Very annoying.

tee74

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I've done that. All other language-related bits and bobs are set to USA. It's just language that's English. I have put English USA at the top of the list (English UK) is underneath but still, no luck.

i also cant get the Language to say English (United States). i have tried everything and still cant get it to work. this sucks right now!

James Brewer5

May 21, 2014
Visit site
This helped. I held down on US. and moved it up or something. Then on that same screen I saw reset. phone. I touched restart and it finished updating and I had cortana!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster