Upgraded to W10M, how roll back to w8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If the official W10M build for your phone is out then no, you won't be able to roll back so the WDRT won't help.

Snaffie

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Why is anyone complaining as this is EXACLY what Apple do.

You upgrade to he latest version of iOS, but find that, perhaps it may slow your iPhone/iPad down a bit, or you don't like some new features.

You would like to roll back to the version of iOS you were running earlier, and Apple's answer to you?

Touch luck, you can't.

Personally I don't agree with it, and believe, by law, you should be able to roll back "1" revision of an OS etc, but right now you can't. Not with Apple anyway.

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why is anyone complaining as this is EXACLY what Apple do.

You upgrade to he latest version of iOS, but find that, perhaps it may slow your iPhone/iPad down a bit, or you don't like some new features.

You would like to roll back to the version of iOS you were running earlier, and Apple's answer to you?

Touch luck, you can't.

Personally I don't agree with it, and believe, by law, you should be able to roll back "1" revision of an OS etc, but right now you can't. Not with Apple anyway.

You're correct except 100% of my apps(non MS) either DON'T WORK or Crash and most of my MS app either slow as snail or not work like it supposed to.

And MS does gave an option for W10 to go back to 7

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The only way to roll back is to flash your phone with the correct 8.1 rom using software that can do it. It's fairly easy to do with a Lumia but not sure about the BLUE HD. Check XDA and the usual places for help. I'm in the process of making sure I have all of the 8/8.1 roms for my phones in case I accidentally "upgrade" to W10M.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
If the official W10M build for your phone is out then no, you won't be able to roll back so the WDRT won't help.

you seem to have wrong information let me correct you before you spread this false information.

Microsoft has mentioned on their blog that users who face difficulties while using upgraded win 10 could use WDRT to roll back to 8.1 . the online roms as of now are still present with latest 8.1 update for every device. :)

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Indeed this is false information.
They would never put out a software without the firmware on their servers.
Here is the proof. Rollback to 8.1 is still possible.
Things may change once the firmware is ready as they might replace with the Windows 10 ROM

WDRT.jpg

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You're correct except 100% of my apps(non MS) either DON'T WORK or Crash and most of my MS app either slow as snail or not work like it supposed to.

And MS does gave an option for W10 to go back to 7

That sounds like you got a upgrade bug, I would try to hard reset it, DONT restore and install your apps one by one from a fresh phone. I had issues like that when first upgrading, after a hard reset they all work good.

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like you got a upgrade bug, I would try to hard reset it, DONT restore and install your apps one by one from a fresh phone. I had issues like that when first upgrading, after a hard reset they all work good.

lol, I hard reset and restored. Right now at least WhatsApp, baconit and Garfield worked.

I will try to not restore then, should I format the SD card as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb