US Cortana understands INDIAN accent better than UK Cortana !!!!!!

saimohan35

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am living in INDIA. I have been using US cortana since it released and i started using UK cortana since the update GDR1. Us cortana recognised my voice and accent better than UK cortana. i dont why it is like that?? and when I talk, US version showing the text of my speech in the bar and UK version is not showing text in the bar and it simply saying "i didnt understand that". So, going back to US version. Has anyone facing the same problem in india with UK version????

vamsy dvk

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I am living in INDIA. I have been using US cortana since it released and i started using UK cortana since the update GDR1. Us cortana recognised my voice and accent better than UK cortana. i dont why it is like that?? and when I talk, US version showing the text of my speech in the bar and UK version is not showing text in the bar and it simply saying "i didnt understand that". So, going back to US version. Has anyone facing the same problem in india with UK version????

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I too was facing the same problem. That's actually a settings issue.
Under the speech settings, set it back to US, and then uncheck "Improve recognition for non native speakers".
Then change the speech settings back to UK. (While all other settings are under India)
Now, cortana should understand what you speak!
Give it a try, it should work.

saimohan35

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I too was facing the same problem. That's actually a settings issue.
Under the speech settings, set it back to US, and then uncheck "Improve recognition for non native speakers".
Then change the speech settings back to UK. (While all other settings are under India)
Now, cortana should understand what you speak!
Give it a try, it should work.

Oh my god it really worked.... thanks for your tip ktl88..... i really amazed... how could you get that idea of changing settings.... You are really WP lover..... i am giving 10000 likes for the solution.... By the way you can send it as a tip to Daniel Rubino :)....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro