User Reviews - Surface Pro 3

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So, I have a core i5 4GB model. I wanted a Surface 3 but opted for this one instead. And everything has been amazing. It can easily last through my usual workday running my work apps, moderate web browsing, online music streaming, occasional Youtube and Office. I usually left home with 90% charge and leave work with 15 to 20% left. That's amazing given some reviews said that this device has mediocre battery. I even find myself completely give up using Firefox and Facebook on web. My two gripes are that it sometimes gets hot for unknown reason and the horrendous quality of the Windows Central app. Yes, the Windows Central app for Windows 8.1, which is supposed to be one of the top quality app out there. But it's just plain terrible. I can't use the forums, which is ridiculous, and I can't even watch any videos or search for articles - the lovely little search button on the bottom left does absolutely nothing when I tap on it.

Last edited:

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the i5 version about a week ago. I'm testing it for work to see if we can stream line our paperwork instead of printing and wasting paper. Also to carry our manuals with use on site instead of going to the laptop.

So far I'm extremely happy with it, except for the camera. The SP3 takes such crappy picture for scanning and scanning is a huge part of my job. Right now I have to take a picture with my phone upload to OneDrive and then merge into the pdf or send it separately. This defeats the overall purpose of streamlining.

The battery seems to be lasting through out the day. Even burning CD/DVD or 3.5" diskette (Yes I know). I really haven't put it through the paces.

I haven't opportunity to use it completely with my job. I'm expecting to within the next week or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124