Verizon 735 vs 928

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. New here.
I just ordered a refurb 928 (for Verizon) for about $100. Now, I'm questioning whether or not I should have just gotten the 735 from Verizon, because it will be supported longer. It's really a phone for my wife to test Windows on - since I think she'll like the simplicity of Windows Phone over Android.

Shudda went with the 735. It's thinner and lighter, which women love, plus the ability to change the color of the phone with the removable backs would probably win her over too.

rdavenp3

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the 928 and just got a 735 a couple of weeks ago. I'm really impressed with the 735 so far. The screen is a little larger and it feels light as a feather and I'm very impressed with the battery life. I miss glance a little bit, but not enough to go back to my 928.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. New here.
I just ordered a refurb 928 (for Verizon) for about $100. Now, I'm questioning whether or not I should have just gotten the 735 from Verizon, because it will be supported longer. It's really a phone for my wife to test Windows on - since I think she'll like the simplicity of Windows Phone over Android.

I say they're about on par depending on what you want.

735 has better battery life and has swappable batteries, covers, cards as well as a better FFC. (and a pedometer function i believe, and Update 2, but that's minor.) Has a virtual navigation bar.

The 928 stomps it with its rear camera and has twice the internal memory, although without a card slot.
Battery life of my 920, its sister phone, was always meh. Has Glance and a dedicated camera button.

nemtna

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that thorough comparison. I visited a store and took a look at the 735 and, since I have no intention of leaving VzW, I think I'm going to get her the 735 (it's $30 w/ a 2-year contract) and keep her 928 to mess around with, possibly with Windows 10. The camera in the 928 is impressive though! With that said, on the battery front, we come from the Moto X (1st gen) and any battery that lasts through her work commute is an improvement! LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen