Verizon WP8 Devices?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
That's the biggest thing is usability. I'm with VZW, so it was Trophy or no Windows Phone at all. My brother's got a Razr Maxx and the only thing I'm envious of is that massive battery it has (3000+ mAh in a small body), but I routinely find things faster. People with Android and iPhone have been amazed when I've shown them the People Hub and how it works. And the Live Tiles always impress.

My brother will be getting a WP8 device as will every friend I've shown my Trophy to. Some will be leaving Apple and others Android, but all were convinced of Windows Phone's superiority with just a few minutes using my Trophy. And the app gap is closing as well, with all the WP7 apps functional on WP8 and the new code base of WP8, I think this platform will do nothing but grow in a big way.

Crazy how simple demonstrations can win even the most die hard Android and Apple lovers over. When I hired in and got my Trophy, my coworkers made fun of me nonstop. One of them has a best friend who works for AT&T and has a Lumia 900. Now he loves Windows Phone and will be snatching up the first one VZW gets along with me!

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well if you right you've gained my respect and i will for sure take any info you post on here seriously without raising an eyebrow. By the way if no one has, welcome to the forums :)

SO, have I passed your test?

:cool:

As I said, ATT/VZN the first week, TMOB the following week.

Sprint is lagging in the rear. The silly bastards.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked before but, I have never seen it so please bare with me.

Since both Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA and now, Sprint has begun implementing the LTE predominantly, can I buy a VZW phone and get it activated on Sprint? Or, is there some subtlety that I am missing between the two networks?

Thanks You

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked before but, I have never seen it so please bare with me.

Since both Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA and now, Sprint has begun implementing the LTE predominantly, can I buy a VZW phone and get it activated on Sprint? Or, is there some subtlety that I am missing between the two networks?

Thanks You

No. And yes. Though they can roam, at least on CDMA, but the activation is tied to their device databases (unlike AT&T and TMo, which are basically SIM/account based).

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Sprint won't support the device when it comes to the CDMA side, though the LTE side of things is SIM card based on VZW.

Sprint is rolling out more LTE and that is good. VZW is prepping their LTE network for VOIP and they've been working with Qualcomm to get VOLTE working so they can slowly wind down their 3G network and phase out CDMA.

If you really want LTE and you're not in a contract, Verizon is the way to go. They have consistently invested in network upgrades and they don't try to badge non-LTE tech as 4G (not that CDMA would qualify). They are still planning to have full network LTE deployment by the end of next year and, frankly, I think they are the only ones with the spectrum to be able to get their whole network over to LTE so quickly.

Verizon's phones are not always the cutting edge, but they've always had a strong vision for their network. I'd just like to see them embrace WP8 and it seems that they will from what I've heard.

They've had to invest billions in Android support and have found only a slight cost advantage over iPhone even after Apple's demands. I think Windows Phone 8 will eventually be the leader because the major cell carriers will embrace Microsoft's hybrid model. Not the same kind of dictatorial system that Apple runs, but also not the way-to-open system that Android has. MS will provide support and their will be far greater continuity from WP8 device to WP8 device. The phone manufacturers also will not have to invest as much in OS tweaks.

If you are locked in with Sprint, hopefully AT&T, VZW, and T-Mobile see large sales surges when WP8 hits so that Sprint is convinced they need to carry multiple WP8 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria