Virus on my Lumia?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was driving to an appointment, using bluetooth linking my phone and car radio to navigate, when suddenly my car's radio/cd console 'died' and my phone froze. I pulled over, switched off the car, removed the phone battery and it still didn't reset. I had to find my own way to the appointment, but left my phone off and four hours later, when I reinserted the battery, it was unfrozen, but all my settings (date/time) had been changed.
Is this potentially some sort of virus/malware and is it still Window's stance that we don't need antivirus software for a windows phone?
Many thanks!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was driving to an appointment, using bluetooth linking my phone and car radio to navigate, when suddenly my car's radio/cd console 'died' and my phone froze. I pulled over, switched off the car, removed the phone battery and it still didn't reset. I had to find my own way to the appointment, but left my phone off and four hours later, when I reinserted the battery, it was unfrozen, but all my settings (date/time) had been changed.
Is this potentially some sort of virus/malware and is it still Window's stance that we don't need antivirus software for a windows phone?
Many thanks!

A Windows Phone simply can be attacked by any virus, only ads during browing. Didn't happened nothing to your phone, simply crashed, like many phones in other o.s. too

You must do a soft reset (hold power down + power 15 secs) instead removing batter next time!

Do it now

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks!

and the date time change happens when the battery is out of the phone for a long time

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
There are no W10 mobile viruses. Each app runs in a walled garden so it is just not possible. I think that's what the previous poster was trying to say, but they used the word 'can' by mistake? Taking the battery out will, after a while once capacitance is lost, result in the time getting lost. A bit like doing the same with a watch. Basically, if you don't provide electricity it cannot continue working. If you get a weird crash, do a reset. After all, same thing happened to your car stereo and you didn't remove the car battery for hours did you? No, you just 'reset' it by turning of the ignition. Similar approach for the phone, next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshletHarris