VLC - appxbundle (For Non-beta testers) Must have developer unlocked device

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
As u know VLC is a opensource project so anyone can have access to source code...
I got the source code and generated a appxbundle by successfully cleaning up the errors which continuously popping out..It took the hell out of me..(Newbie developer)
Here is the appxbundle u can deploy it on your phone and take a look at VLC instead of waiting for VLC final app..

Note -If u can't wait for the beta update it's worth downloading as AUDIO is Working as I have cleaned the library errors and thanks to hugo because of the dlls...

Soon they might update the app...Let me know if the audio works.....

Link : VLC - BETA with AUDIO.appx

How to install link

Last edited:

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
How will it be installed on the Phone? It is not a real zip file, I guess. Changing the .zip extension to .xap extension changes nothing. Still not installable: Hope you will shed more light on how to install it.

Sachinmeet

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Only the ones with developer unlocked devices can install external .appx files (the ones not in store). So I think this would install only on those devices.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone who doesn't know how to do this should wait for the wider vlc release. The current version is not worth going through a lot of trouble to install as it has bugs, including not being able to output audio.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You need a Developers account from ms, than you must install the sdk's. Than you can unlock your phone ;).
The exact steps are described countles on the web .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99