W10 Mobile no sound during phone calls?

mikemodanoxxx

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
W10 mobile no sound during phone call

Hi,

I recently upgraded my mom's phone (Lumia 640 Dual Sim) to W10 mobile. During a phone call, neither the speaker nor the microphone works. She can't hear other people and other people do not hear her. The speaker itself and the microphone do work (e.g., WhatsApp calls work fine). Is this a known problem? Does a solution exist (besides a hard reset)?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10 mobile no sound during phone call

Hi,

I recently upgraded my mom's phone (Lumia 640 Dual Sim) to W10 mobile. During a phone call, neither the speaker nor the microphone works. She can't hear other people and other people do not hear her. The speaker itself and the microphone do work (e.g., WhatsApp calls work fine). Is this a known problem? Does a solution exist (besides a hard reset)?

Try putting and removing 3 / 4 times earphones jack

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10 mobile no sound during phone call

For some reason my phone was doing the same thing. Turns out the settings for Phone only give options to redirect the audio to Bluetooth (default) or built in speaker. There was no option to just use the normal phone earpiece. So anytime I tired to make or receive a call, it was trying to send the audio through Bluetooth, even if I didn't have a device connected. I ended up changing the setting to the speaker and at least it works now. I just have to turn off the speaker to use it like a normal phone, otherwise everyone else in the room can hear the conversation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99