W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

Mariusch

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
and to think that "unsupported" phones run better on RS1 than TH2... anyway if you got stuck on wp8.1 just use wpinternals to get to w10 again, its quite complicated though, if you're on 10586 you're on luck, just need interoptools and edit model to 930 or something to get to RS1

all info you need is on XDA w10m forums

Thank you :) Good that there are intelligent people like you. On other sites (even on answers.Microsoft) I got only answers like "no you can't" or "your device is not supported" like I didn't know it... Hope that the method from XDA will work :)

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I've read all four pages to see if the issues I'm facing is mentioned but they are not. Mi phone is Lumia 535.3 on production ring.

-I've changed region to enable Cortana. Now when I try to disable location tracking from the Action Center, the phone immediately freezes. I don't know if this is a common issue or it's just me. Also, I've tried enabling Cortana for the first time on .494; never tried on previous builds so I can't tell whether the bug was carried over from past builds.
-Sometimes image Gallery freezes with a black screen when trying to zoom in or when rotating the screen. I've been having this bug forever in W10, carried from one build to another.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I've read all four pages to see if the issues I'm facing is mentioned but they are not. Mi phone is Lumia 535.3 on production ring.

-I've changed region to enable Cortana. Now when I try to disable location tracking from the Action Center, the phone immediately freezes. I don't know if this is a common issue or it's just me. Also, I've tried enabling Cortana for the first time on .494; never tried on previous builds so I can't tell whether the bug was carried over from past builds.
-Sometimes image Gallery freezes with a black screen when trying to zoom in or when rotating the screen. I've been having this bug forever in W10, carried from one build to another.

I am a 535 DS user,been using it since Jan 2015 as my daily driver.I am on 10586.494.
I do not face the issues you are mentioning though I did face other issues,which were also faced by users of other models. Cortana is available in my country (India),but I had to install English UK (though not as my default speech language) in addition to English India default speech language to get Cortana to speak as speech to text is not available with English India.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Are you still using insider build from the first day of buying? Maybe it's due to insider build on your phone.

I also have 535DS and still not faced that type of problem yet. I'm on non - insider build.

Don't worry! Tmrw (9 Aug) you will get AU OTA as non-insider user. Maybe it'll solve your problem.

If problem still occurs then
Take your phone to MS Care.
Make them understand your problem.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I had to revert back to 8.1 again yesterday as the Sprint rep couldn't get my data to work after reactivation.
My phone went back on the insider program and installed 10586.107

This morning without re downloading the windows insider app. My phone updated to 10586.494
I have just finished updating 46 app.s and going through all settings. I have not downloaded any apps yet that were not part of my Lumia 635.

Just as I go to post this I look and my phone is preparing to install 10586.545

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I had to remove the video. The music in the background was not "family friendly."

Sorry, Dave.... This is part of a hack and a tool based on a leak of Project Astoria and the whole thing was mothballed months ago... Dead end.

Sorry, I had my sound down when I saw the video. Whoops.
And, Thanks. I didn't realize that project was a non-starter. Knowing what I know now, I might have bought a 1040 instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire