Wait, what? A new Lumia smartphone might be on the way in 2024

th3disturbed

Mar 5, 2024
Visit site
I have one question. Is the body polycarbonate(aka plastic)? If so I would be sooooooo happy. The lumia 920 polycarbonate body was the best of any smartphone period. we were all duped to when they said metal and glass phones are more premium. The soft touch polycarbonate body of the lumias felt good, were light weight and did not have to worry about breaking the back if dropped. If this is case I will buy it on release day.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
we were all duped to when they said metal and glass phones are more premium.
I think that most people would agree that metal and glass phones look more premium, at least. The thing is though, the vast majority of people will put a cover on them, so it's a pretty moot point. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and I do like the feel and finish and would love to keep it naked but there's no way I'm going to trust myself not to drop it at some point.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It could be a nice device, but HMD have been underwhelming in many ways. There prices have been high and there delivery has been low. But, if this device is fully polycarbonate then it will at least be different. The Lumia 920 was a brilliant design and I would love to have something like that again. I never use cases, yuck, but do use skins and having full poly carbonate would mean I wouldn't even need that.
And yes guys, it runs Android. Of course it runs Android. Windows 10 Mobile is a distant memory. We may think it was a pleasant memory these days but there are very very few of us.

tom bae 2023

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
I think that most people would agree that metal and glass phones look more premium, at least. The thing is though, the vast majority of people will put a cover on them, so it's a pretty moot point. I have a Pixel 6 Pro and I do like the feel and finish and would love to keep it naked but there's no way I'm going to trust myself not to drop it at some point.
Who said that ? It is same as the lcd . oled . or whatever the glass display that they always break it , and then fix it or buy new phone . it is a huge rip -off industry . but the plastic based display had been there around over 5 years .

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Who said that ?
Pretty much everyone I've ever heard speak on the subject. I used Lumia phones myself and, in fact, still have both my 925 and 950XL, but I do think that my Pixel looks and feels more premium. That said, I always have my Pixel in a case while I had multiple Mozo backplates for my 950XL, so it effectively made little to no difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaMarchent