Want search key button to bring up Google

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Last time I checked, the Android search key can be used with various search providers, but if you want to use any of the advanced features, you must use Google. As someone else pointed out, no one seems to be bothered by the fact that Google forces users to use their own search engine. Why on earth would Microsoft not do the same? And frankly, I switched to Bing long before I switched to WP because the results were typically were more relevant to what I needed.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I want to just say one thing. Microsoft isn't forcing you use anything. It's a Microsoft operating system. When Apple or Google give you their services, or HTC forces you to use their home launcher on Android, it isn't "forcing." If you want a Google ecosystem, use an Android device.

I'm so tired of reading of how Microsoft uses monopolistic practices to "force" users to use their services, but when the competition does it, they're doing "smart business."

If it weren't for the fact that I enjoy this site, I'd tell people like D M C exactly what I thought of them.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The argument about Bing being behind Google services outside US is pretty old. Bing maps maybe behind google maps but Bing search imho has become on par with google search as long as you know how search mechanics work.
As for integrating google search into search button, download and install google's official search app from store, use it and tell me that you still want to use google search. If you know what I mean.

Also, I've stopped using google services since they announced they are not making official apps for either Windows or windows phone because there it isn't feasible to them from business point of view. And after that Youtube episode I'm totally done with them.

Sonu K

May 29, 2014
Visit site
All Google offers is more 'hits', most of which are advertising or sites with nothing to do with the original; search. At least Bing will try and filter the '****' from the chaff,

LOL!. Either you don't use google or you don't know how to search in google.

If you want to use Google, then type 'google.com'. It's pretty easy....
Yup you are right.We even have a google search app(I use that). But what to do, people are super lazy bums. Smart people knows how to use their phones at its full capability. No matter what limitations you have. But some people never learn.

MS are playing hardball now, and I love it...

The fact is the default hardware key is Bing, as it should be. I'm sure MS will NOT be offering other search engines as an alternative... Android certainly doesn't. Why should MS?

But MS is offering some other services like Office to android(or am i wrong) and the kind MS want to put cortana in other services too..What about that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit