Water Damage - not charging, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Water Damage - not charging

dropped phone in toilet (idiotic, clearly). it was in water for about 2 seconds. I dried it out (was at work so used hand drier and then left it to air dry. I've had it in rice and the condensation in the camera has disappeared so it's dry.

I did try and power it on before the rice drying, and did see the exclamation mark at one point.

Now, it's not powering on and when I charge it all that happens is pulses of vibration and nothing else. Could this just be the battery or is it dead? If it's dead from 2 seconds in water I'm not happy, but could I have shorted it?

Thanks
David

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Re: Water Damage - not charging

Hard to say. My guess is your phone is history. Its important to open the phone up to dry any water that might have gotten inside (if your phone is able to be opened). I've had one come on a few days later but it never worked right after.

Sent from my Surface 3

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Water Damage - not charging

dropped phone in toilet (idiotic, clearly). it was in water for about 2 seconds. I dried it out (was at work so used hand drier and then left it to air dry. I've had it in rice and the condensation in the camera has disappeared so it's dry.

I did try and power it on before the rice drying, and did see the exclamation mark at one point.

Now, it's not powering on and when I charge it all that happens is pulses of vibration and nothing else. Could this just be the battery or is it dead? If it's dead from 2 seconds in water I'm not happy, but could I have shorted it?

Thanks
David

in addition, are there any service centres that you can take your phone to? Maybe they can help
And sorry about your phone

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulnipes