Weekly photo contest: Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrumcampitor

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
"I see stars dancing on the water..." - 'Queen of Memphis' by Confederate Railroad.

Taken with Lumia 920 using Nokia Camera. Exposure set to 4 seconds, all other settings at auto/default.

After reading the article "The Art of Light Painting with Lumia" with Ian Hobbs, my son and I were inspired to have some fun. We ended up with some great photos and had a blast trying different light sources and techniques (even had one photo where he was able to get the first three letters in his name).

This one is my favorite though. It took several tries to get a proper star shape, but I love the result. You can really see the motion of the light trails as well as the water in the reflected image. I also like the way the long exposure allowed the light of the star to cause the water to "glow".

Attachments

• WP_20140413_21_57_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140413_21_57_26_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

afg_farnab

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
A picture is worth a thousand words. A thousand words tell a story. I wanted to upload a picture that told a story. I have a few motion focus photos of cars and ambulances racing down the streets, action shot photos of kids running around in parks and I was going to upload one of these to the contest. But lucky for me, I waited till the weekend was over. This past weekend, we decided to take a break from our normal weekend routine and head over to Santa Barbara. A getaway kind of thing. It was a fantastic trip, and Santa Barbara is amazing! Moving on to the photo contest part...

So we rented a surrey and were riding down the bike path on Cabrillo Blvd when we ran into this place called Skater's Point. There were quite a few people showing their skills off and we were delighted as we stopped and watched. Just as we were about to continue with our ride, I was reminded of this contest, so I took my Lumia 920 out, and took a few photos. These guys were awesome. Even kids looked particularly sharp on their skateboards and scooters, no doubt after countless hours of practice. Thanks to these folks, I have this photo to upload to the contest. Now this photo does tell a thousand words - a story of how awesome these skaters/bikers are, and how this small park is a means for them to have fun!

Apps used for editing: Adobe Photoshop Express and Fotor.

130528624347152859.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's my first photo contest entry. I took this picture just the other night without an ND8 filter. The sensor on the Lumia 1020 is just amazing. I took the photo using ProShot and opened it up in Photoshop Elements and only adjusted the brightness, contrast, and shadows. Everything else was left as is. Loving the lowlight prowess of my new beauty. Hope you guys enjoy.
152e.jpg

rishilal

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

My entry to this contest.

WPC_Speed.jpg

Raindrops moving up the windscreen while driving to Batemans Bay on a rainy day. Rhymes well. ;)

Taken by my NL 920 using Nokia Camera. No post-processing.

Rishi

Mohammed Akif Safi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140816_23_46_27_Pro.jpg
This was taken on Lumia 925 windows 8.1 cyan via nokia camera app with auto ISO and 4s exposure time, this photo was taken in India at night when there was a power cut and we were barely able to see roads clearly but the camera captured it well exposed and there is a tail light trail visible cause at the time of shot a bike passed on screen.

GJSmyth

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140815_14_45_28_Smart.jpg
Lumina 820
Nokia Camera Smart Sequence with zero post processing.
Location: Brighton Beach near Melbourne, Australia (city skyline visible in the background)
For this photo, I held this small colourful kite on a short string (about 2m) in a light breeze which made it move around quite erratically. This is evidenced in the smart sequence with adjacent impressions of the kite pointing in opposite directions!

Jack920

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
This photo was taken on August 15 when I was visiting S?rk?nniemi Amusement park of Tampere, Finland. It was taken with Nokia camera (smart cam) in my Lumia 925. I took plenty of pictures to see various effects. This is a photo of a roller coaster and I did some adjustment using with Adobe Photoshop express.
AdobePhotoshopExpress_2d26a36092a2482e8243c47bbc0bfb08.jpg

Francisco Manriquez

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Long story short, this week's "Motion" theme was hell for me u.u
I sincerely admire each and every one of the photos you've uploaded. At least I took one pic I felt comfortable with just by the deadline.

"Truck split in half"

WP_20140818_15_38_37_Smart (4).jpg

Took with my Lumia 520
Using Nokia smart cam
Edited with Nokia creative studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member