What app are we supposed to use to video chat on the Lumia900? Skype? Live Messenger?

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Are we supposed to use windows live messenger to video chat or are we supposed to use skype?
How does microsoft intend to intergrate all these messenging and videochat apps?
Like Google Android, where google chat, google talk, google voice and google+ messenger all do the same functions for IM/video chat on android. Microsoft seems to have the same mess on their hands.
Windows Live Messenger, Lync and Skype are all more the less the same but i will have different contact list in each app ? What a mess!?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Since WLM and Lync are integrated into the OS, you can link contacts together to clean them up. Most times, the OS does it for you. Skype is still a separate app, so yes it will still be on a separate list from within the app.

Right now, I only know of Skype and Tango apps that does video chat.

Donta79

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This is one area where apple got it right. They simplified IM and videochat into 2 apps.
imessage for IM and facetime for videochat

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well Skype hasn't been integrated into the OS yet, so you can't really say they're doing it wrong. We have to wait and see how they will handle native video chat.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Skype has gone gold and should be released soon. Otherwise grab Tango, which has the functionality that the Skype team was complaining that they couldn't implement because the OS wouldn't allow them to. Yeah, I don't understand either.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Skype has gone gold and should be released soon. Otherwise grab Tango, which has the functionality that the Skype team was complaining that they couldn't implement because the OS wouldn't allow them to. Yeah, I don't understand either.
What does "has gone gold" mean if you don't mind me asking... :p

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is one area where apple got it right. They simplified IM and videochat into 2 apps.
imessage for IM and facetime for videochat

Got it right? No that's where they got it arrogant...again. Both apps you mention can only talk to other iOS devices. At least Tango and Skype are multi platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo