What are the 4G LTE bands on the dual SIM (India) version of the Lumia 650 - can anyone confirm?

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Can folks please confirm what are all the supported 4G LTE frequency bands on the Lumia 650 dual SIM device?

I'm in India and interested in eventually getting the 650 and the official MS specs page lists a lot of bands, so it should work with the various current and upcoming 4G operators here, but wanted to reconfirm, because other sites like gsmarena list fewer bands in their spec pages.

I'm not sure how to go about checking this, even if you have the device, maybe install an app, does anyone know?

I'm mainly interested to know if any 650 users are on Airtel 4G in Pune/Maharashtra, or any other 4G providers, and how things are working for you?

Thanks!

Edit: MS India website with the specs here: https://goo.gl/6vMeDw

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think those specs would be listed on the box the phone comes in. Maybe you can visit a store and ask to check the box or at least the manual inside the box

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
@Chintan - I dont think it will be listed on the box or inside on the manual - it's not there for the 550 model I recently purchased for my mom.

@Deepak - I know Airtel is on band 40 (2300 mhz) in Pune at the moment :) I have their 4G home device. Reason I posted the query in OP is because the 550 which I bought only has a few FDD bands and does NOT support 2300 mhz TDD band 40, so wanted to see what folks might advise about the 650 which I am thinking about buying soon.

Last edited:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
@Deepak - I know Airtel is on band 40 (2300 mhz) in Pune at the moment :) I have their 4G home device. Reason I posted the query in OP is because the 550 only has a few FDD bands and does NOT support 2300 mhz TDD band 40, so wanted to see what folks might advise.

550 or 650? Lumia 550 won't work with Airtel 4G in Maharashtra but Lumia 650 will.

So, you'll prefer some other operator for 4G? But there's none except Airtel, in Pune, I guess.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, to clarify, I'm asking about the 650, so you are saying the 650 does have band 40 (2300 mhz) and will work with Airtel 4G in Pune? :)

(I only mentioned the 550 in response to Chintan's post)

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, L650 will work with Airtel 4G in Pune.

Also you can always trust the specifications given on official Microsoft website. They know what their device supports and what it doesn't. And they strictly list the specifications country wise only.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
@Chintan - I dont think it will be listed on the box or inside on the manual - it's not there for the 550 model I recently purchased for my mom.

@Deepak - I know Airtel is on band 40 (2300 mhz) in Pune at the moment :) I have their 4G home device. Reason I posted the query in OP is because the 550 which I bought only has a few FDD bands and does NOT support 2300 mhz TDD band 40, so wanted to see what folks might advise about the 650 which I am thinking about buying soon.

thank you for the info, appreciate it. I got to know something new

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I think those specs would be listed on the box the phone comes in. Maybe you can visit a store and ask to check the box or at least the manual inside the box

@chintan-gohel i'm very sorry but you were right, the 550 box which i have does list the LTE bands :D so my bad for posting incorrect reply. cheers!

btw, i posted a general warranty query for lumia x50 models in india/pune, if anyone knows, here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...03-warranty-lumia-x50-phone-models-india.html

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb