Dual-Sim Lumia 950 XL - will the unlocked version work the same?

OhNokiaDidnt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Dual-Sim Lumia 950 XL - seeking clarification

I am currently carrying around an iPhone 5 (work issued/AT&T) and my Lumia Icon(VZW). I will be purchasing a Lumia 950 XL and switching to T-Mobile when they are released in the US.

I am hoping a dual sim variant can allow for me to ditch the iPhone all together. I hate carrying two phones, and when I forward my work phone I will not receive texts. Another issue I have is that my area has multiple area codes and I work for a city. When I call using my personal cell - no one answers because the area code is not from inside the city.

Will the Dual-Sim unlocked version work the same as the standard 950 XL? Meaning, will the bands and connectivity be the same? Also, with the Dual Sim Standby will it have tremendous impact on battery life? Microsoft's page for both devices show that they have the same battery life - I just want to confirm because it doesn't sound right.

I simply want my work SIM and my personal SIM to both ring, and receive texts on the same device.

Any dual sim experts able to help me out?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dual-Sim Lumia 950 XL - seeking clarification

Between 640XL and 640XL Dual Sim I have not seen the diff in battery life that much, used both international versions. I would assume same in case of 950XL. There would be slight diff in battery life, but not much to concern.

Winsly Jucar

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dual-Sim Lumia 950 XL - seeking clarification

..i currently own a 950XL dual sim, and I have just tried to use the dual standby capability yesterday. So far, batterly life seems okay for now - but i notice that the 2nd sim is allowed only for 2G connection (not much an impact to me, as my primary sim has data plan :D).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss