What are the downside of switching out of s-mode?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The biggest one is it's more susceptible to malware b/c Win32 apps (anything that installs via a .exe or .msi) are enabled. In S mode, it's locked to Store apps.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Want AdGuard? You’ll need to switch out. Does your pswd mgr need to be installed outside S mode? Want to use Chrome?

Ad Guard is a Store app, I have it for Edge. I’m not sure if it’s going to continue working once the full switch to Chromium is complete but.....

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
I only see Adblock, not AdGuard in Store. And is the extension version as good as AG Pro version that you would need to install?

I use to see on XDA that Google was feeling the need to offer some support for adblocking but that’s another reason I use AdGuard install, I like that it works with whatever browser I choose.

The Adblock extension in Edge isn’t cutting it for me.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I only see Adblock, not AdGuard in Store. And is the extension version as good as AG Pro version that you would need to install?

I use to see on XDA that Google was feeling the need to offer some support for adblocking but that’s another reason I use AdGuard install, I like that it works with whatever browser I choose.

The Adblock extension in Edge isn’t cutting it for me.

Just search for "AdGuard" in the Store, it's there, and the Edge extension works well.AdGuard in Store.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried ublock origins? It's available for Edge so I'd imagine you can get it in S mode too. I use it and it works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99