What can I do to stop my Cortana assistant to constantly activate randomly on my Lumia 830?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Nokia Lumia 830 with Windows 10 mobile right now, I had Windows 8.1 until recently. My problem is that the Cortana assistant activate randomly and sometimes makes the phone unusable. Its very irritating because I just bought it in December 2015.

What i had done:
- Waited the Windows 10 update.
- Hard Reset in Windows 8.1 and in Windows 10 too.
- The touch sensibility to normal.
- Removed the screen protector just in case it presses the navigation button.
- Turn off in Settings-Privacy-Speech, inking & typing.

Nothing helped, what else can I do?
Right now I'm desperate because its almost unusable in occasions.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Open cortana > tap on the hamburger menu (top left corner) > notebook > settings > turn off lockscreen option

Check if that helps

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There is one more setting you can try, that could help in combination with the previous one I mentioned:

Settings > devices > default camera > there are two options you can toggle on and off.. try playing with them and check for improvements..

If the phone can be changed? I'm guessing you mean exchanged? If there's a MS store in you neighborhood or country you could try. Also if your phone is still under warranty, you could go back and ask for a replacement

Try the settings options first

WilliamThorSoto

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ohhh since I followed every recomendation I found in forums about this problem now I cant return the phone. One was to wait until the windows 10 update and the amazon policy is to return items within 30 days of receipt.

Well nothing I can do about it know, just live with until I drop it to the trash and buy a new one.

I already tried deactivating cortana but still activate the assistant that runs with the search navigation button and it cant be uninstalled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124