What Do I Do? (32-Bit to 64-Bit Help)

AlexisN

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
So, I am trying to get my 32-bit laptop to be able to run a 64-bit system (if that's how it should be worded...?) and followed what was said in this article (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10).

However, whenever I got to the sixth step (Type the following command and press Enter: coreinfo), it wouldn't work. I entered coreinfo into the cmd several times, even altering it slightly each time, but it keeps on saying "Unsupported processor type: 0
Unable to extract x64 image. Run Coreinfo from a writeable directory". I'm not really a computer tech, so I have no idea what this means or what to do when this pops up. Can anyone help me out?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So, I am trying to get my 32-bit laptop to be able to run a 64-bit system (if that's how it should be worded...?) and followed what was said in this article (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10).

However, whenever I got to the sixth step (Type the following command and press Enter: coreinfo), it wouldn't work. I entered coreinfo into the cmd several times, even altering it slightly each time, but it keeps on saying "Unsupported processor type: 0
Unable to extract x64 image. Run Coreinfo from a writeable directory". I'm not really a computer tech, so I have no idea what this means or what to do when this pops up. Can anyone help me out?

Download Hwinfo or Speccy Portable, that will tell you easily what instructions your laptop's CPU supports as well as the exact CPU in your laptop.

Or you can use the run command either via winkey+r via the task manager to open msinfo32.exe to find out the exact CPU model and name.

DimitrovDev

Jan 15, 2021
Visit site
In Windows->Setings ->About ->Device specifications > System type property shows if the processor is x86 or x64 based. If its x64 based you should be able to install x64 OS.

wyxchari

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

I had an Intel Atom N270 processor with Windows 7 x32. To see if my processor had NX, PAE, SSE2 (W10 x32 requirements) and CMPXCHG16B_CX16, LAHF / SAHF, PrefetchW (W10 x64 requirements) I used Coreinfo 3.52 (the latter) and it didn't work for me. So I went down the versions of Coreinfo until 3.31 which does work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos