What Do You All Think?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw this interesting article on USA Today. I know they're Apple shills but I'm wondering if this would be good for Microsoft.

For Samsung, all roads lead away from Android

I can't speak intelligently about the goings on in Seoul, but LG's purchase of webOS would make me believe that somewhere in a quaint little coffee shop in S. Korea, two CEOs may have had a little chat. The webOS acquisition was definitely a head scratcher, but with the ACL coming from Phoenix to the TouchPad it makes you wonder now. Could the rats be jumping off the good ship Lollipop?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I saw this interesting article on USA Today. I know they're Apple shills but I'm wondering if this would be good for Microsoft.

For Samsung, all roads lead away from Android

I can't speak intelligently about the goings on in Seoul, but LG's purchase of webOS would make me believe that somewhere in a quaint little coffee shop in S. Korea, two CEOs may have had a little chat. The webOS acquisition was definitely a head scratcher, but with the ACL coming from Phoenix to the TouchPad it makes you wonder now. Could the rats be jumping off the good ship Lollipop?

Articles I saw said LG bought WebOS to use it in their TVs.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I read those too on webOS Nation. I also got a bridge for sale in New York, it's on Craig's List so you better hurry.

I can't see LG using webOS just for smart TVs. Just doesn't compute.

I already have that bridge....WebOS still exists?

I didn't see the dollar amount but they couldn't have paid much. Also, they are probably looking to bring some of the same features to TVs, Blu-ray players etc. as Samsung.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I already have that bridge....WebOS still exists?

I didn't see the dollar amount but they couldn't have paid much. Also, they are probably looking to bring some of the same features to TVs, Blu-ray players etc. as Samsung.

It's still on life support. In July the server certificates expired but HP actually renewed them otherwise every Palm/HP profile would have gone poof! BTW, terms were not disclosed, I'm sure it was to not embarrass HP for the total f**kup by Apotheker.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
"....rumors of Apple TV...."

The Holy Grail of Apple. It's been, what, 3 or 4 years now? I'm sure it will happen at some point, or at least the HW/FW for AirPlay embedded into TV's since most have Wi-Fi now.

But, on topic, yeah - to borrow a phrase, I think we're pretty close to, if not at, "Peak Google." At least as the the article mentions, in a Western world perspective. Android's gonna get frankensteined in China to the point of being unrecognizable; and perhaps even then becoming "unsupported." Sammy may as well be the owner of that horse, rather than just the jockey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes