What got you into Windows Phone?

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was an iPhone user and I wanted a larger screen. Xbox live was a huge selling point. I'm not an achievement snob but love my Xbox.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
1. No Apple over priced stuiff.
2. Although Android is nice, it is very convoluted in certain areas...
3. Liked Windows Mobile 6.5 but not a fan of WP7 and WP8 is a HUGE STEP in the right direction
4. Nokia makes some very solid devices.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I was due for an upgrade and, looking into the budget department as always, I found that that the Lumia 520 was a clear standout judging by its specs. At first I was a bit skeptical that it was running WP8 rather than Android but ended up loving it. A truly amazing piece of kit for just AU$168.

AuraTigital

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was following the Omnia series in Samsung and ended up with the Omnia 7 and absolutely loved WP. Heard that Nokia joined the pack, switched to Lumia 920, never regretted. :D

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Nokia. Nothing else. I got interested in Windows Phone after Nokia entered the market. Then I looked closely at the OS and found it amazing compared to all other offerings. From then on I became a Windows Phone fan on top of already being a Nokia fan... Waited and bought a Lumia 820, talked 9 of my friends into buying Nokia Lumia Phones. Now all of them have become Windows Phone fans....

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It was the idea that Microsoft would timely update any faults in their phones with a system similar to 'Update Tuesday' on there PC's. How wrong I was on that. Also the point that ease of porting games across platforms should be easier making for great number of up to date apps coming quicker. Again, how wrong was I. Never liked Android and don't buy into the iOS superiority complex. Love WP8 and my L920 though,

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
1.Because of the UI. Don't know anything about live tiles at that time but liked UI.
2.My hatred towards apple made me a fan of microsoft.
3.Nokia.I have used my nokia 6300 for 5 and half years. that made me to buy Lumia 820.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I borrowed a Focus and fell in love with Metro. It was back in the days of Android 2.3, which was ugly and laggy, and so I'd been using an iPhone. My initial thought upon using WP7 was "Wow, this is so nice it makes iOS feel like Android". I had to carry a second phone around for a while for Audible, but I couldn't go back to iOS once I'd used WP7 for a while. I'm very over the icon grid. It was nice on my Palm V 15 years ago but it's time to move on.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Working in IT and administrering phones for the company, I had plenty of opportunity to work with Androids and iPhones, but hadn't worked yet with Windows since the Win Mobile days. My current personal phone was a Moto Electrify 2 (Droid Razr clone) on US Cellular. Because of problems with their data service in our area, we switched to Verizon and I took the opportunity to pick up a Lumia 928. Just prior to that, I ordered a Lumia 822 to have as a spare at work - and also to take on a trip and ensure I could live with Win Phone as a daily driver.

Needless to say, that trip convinced me. I found myself reaching for the 822 rather than my old phone out of instinct and not out of forcing myself to use it. And trust me, I could operate my previous phone in the pitch dark out of familiarity.

In short, the combination of the UI - it can be as simple and basic or all encompassing as you want it - and the Nokia hardware hooked me.

My parents will be getting WP when they're due for upgrades for the simplicity aspect. I have that work 822 to use for evangelizing. As mentioned by other posters - Google is beginning to wall off Android. I found Google Now annoyingly intrusive and invasive. Never got a feel good vibe from the iPhone that matched its hype - especially using iTunes/iCloud in a Windows desktop world. It may "just work" - but when it doesn't it royally screws you - and more importantly - your data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295