What is a Soft Reset?

Somnath Sadhu

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
What is Soft Reset?

After win 10 upgrade on my lumia 930. My camera app is unable to record audio in video recording. My build is 10.0.10586.164.
I got a suggestion on wpcentral to do Soft Reset on my phone.
What is soft reset? I don't want to loose any of my files, e.g. - Messages, Music, Videos, Photos, Documents, installed applications. Is it possible in Soft reset?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is Soft Reset?

After win 10 upgrade on my lumia 930. My camera app is unable to record audio in video recording. My build is 10.0.10586.164.
I got a suggestion on wpcentral to do Soft Reset on my phone.
What is soft reset? I don't want to loose any of my files, e.g. - Messages, Music, Videos, Photos, Documents, installed applications. Is it possible in Soft reset?

soft reset is like a reboot to your device, it wont hurt your personal files.

to do soft reset hold volume down+lock key for 10 seconds or more the device will vibrate and reboot :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

No updates available for camera!!! :/

Damn.... I fear the only solution is the hard reset. Where you saved your music, pics, video? in a sd card?

Make a backup: Settings, Backup, Advanced , Backup now. Contacts, messages, settings and app list will be saved on your OneDrive ready for the automatic restore. All the rest must be saved in a sd card o in a pc via usb cable
Then Restore: Settings, write Info in search line then go to Info, slide down , Restore my Phone. DON'T SELECT sd card.

And be patient. After restore is finished, your phone will repeat the identity check, then will start to sync all your contact and messages, then dowload all your apps from store. Files on sd card will be left untouched

Somnath Sadhu

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by Somnath Sadhu
No updates available for camera!!! :/

Damn.... I fear the only solution is the hard reset. Where you saved your music, pics, video? in a sd card?

Make a backup: Settings, Backup, Advanced , Backup now. Contacts, messages, settings and app list will be saved on your OneDrive ready for the automatic restore. All the rest must be saved in a sd card o in a pc via usb cable
Then Restore: Settings, write Info in search line then go to Info, slide down , Restore my Phone. DON'T SELECT sd card.

And be patient. After restore is finished, your phone will repeat the identity check, then will start to sync all your contact and messages, then dowload all your apps from store. Files on sd card will be left untouched

Ok 😩

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Really? In Insider forum people was sayin they resolved at last, that bug and the mono audio bug
I am using 950xl now and the 930 was sold. I don't have 930 at hand to test it again. in my memory, my 930 couldn't record sound after updated to w10m insider build. I gave it a factory reset and the problem still existed. I forgot what build it was. maybe situation will be different for newer builds. I sold it at nov-2015 and bought a 950xl so i don't have a 930 at hand now. i am not sure if the problem is solved in newer builds for 930. maybe the OP can test it..

Somnath Sadhu

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

I am using 950xl now and the 930 was sold. I don't have 930 at hand to test it again. in my memory, my 930 couldn't record sound after updated to w10m insider build. I gave it a factory reset and the problem still existed. I forgot what build it was. maybe situation will be different for newer builds. I sold it at nov-2015 and bought a 950xl so i don't have a 930 at hand now. i am not sure if the problem is solved in newer builds for 930. maybe the OP can test it..

That means I don't need to reset my phone. But I need to take it to the care...! #Worse

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99