What is the strange ringtone my phone plays randomly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

There are times when I'm using my phone (namely when the screen is on and I set it down) that it starts playing what I can only describe as a ringtone. The tone is like blips with the primary notes being 3 notes apart (as in it starts with a blip in E, then a blip in C, then a blip in E with kind of random smaller blips peppered between). Again, it seems to only happen when I have the phone screen on and unlocked, and I set it down. The moment I set it down, the sound goes off. What is this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There are times when I'm using my phone (namely when the screen is on and I set it down) that it starts playing what I can only describe as a ringtone. The tone is like blips with the primary notes being 3 notes apart (as in it starts with a blip in E, then a blip in C, then a blip in E with kind of random smaller blips peppered between). Again, it seems to only happen when I have the phone screen on and unlocked, and I set it down. The moment I set it down, the sound goes off. What is this?

Go to Settings, Notify, maybe you enabled the Wifi, Lock screen change or status tones.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

is nfc on? Just curious

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes