What is Verizon phone compatibility with Nokia phones?

W

WPCentral Question

Verizon phone compatibility

I live in an area where Verizon has the best coverage. I would like to investigate T_Mobile or AT&T but don't know anybody with their service. I need a recommendation on Verizon compatible Nokia phones please. 1st time smartphone customer, pretty mush sold on Nokia and Windows Phone, want something easy to use & easy on the wallet. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a high end phone, not a power user by any means! TIA

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon phone compatibility

Used Lumia 928 is your best bet. If you have a little more money try the Lumia Icon and if you have less than $50 to spend look for a Lumia 822. Try eBay or Swappa for good deals. If you are savvy then you might get lucky on Craigslist as well. Occasionally we have great deals here on our Marketplace as well. Good luck.

Victor Harshman

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

I would highly recommend the Icon. I got a used unlocked one here in Portland Oregon for 200$.
As for the carrier I would also highly recommend Straight Talk you get 3 Gigs unlimited talk and data. Mine is running LTE using Verizon towers for 45$ a month.
Just go to Walmart an get a sim card activation kit for a cdma phone.
Here's a post I put up last Month.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-nokia-icon-straight-talk-4g-lte-verizon.html
The best part is the Icon is running the lastest update Denim (4Kvideo, very quick camera).
Any questions please reply back

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I live in an area where Verizon has the best coverage. I would like to investigate T_Mobile or AT&T but don't know anybody with their service. I need a recommendation on Verizon compatible Nokia phones please. 1st time smartphone customer, pretty mush sold on Nokia and Windows Phone, want something easy to use & easy on the wallet. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a high end phone, not a power user by any means! TIA

You are really mixing Apples and Oranges. Any phone you want to use on Verizon must be Verizon branded. Period. No other shall pass.

While Verizon phones have an unlocked SIM tray and you could put an ATT or T-Mo flavored SIM in there, your test of those networks may not be optimal by doing this. One reason is lack of access to all carrier frequencies on the non-Vzw network depending on which phone you test vs what new host network...

So if you want a non-Verizon phone to use on ATT or T-Mo and you don't like the test it won't be able to get activated onto Vzw. Taking a Vzw phone to ATT and/or T-Mo requires some diligent research to optimize the test or you are skewing the experience toward the negative before you even start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire