What is your current fitness level?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is a magic trick but...

...mine didn't update until after I logged out of the Dashboard AND cleared my cookies/cache for the site. Logged back in and voila, it worked.

-Matt

I tried that, and now I have this: "To get an estimate of your fitness level, a few new run or bike workouts with elevated heart rate are required (a minimum of five new workouts are required for the initial estimate)."

I wonder if that means 5 new workouts since the dashboard update was pushed? And what might it mean by elevated HR? Since the update was pushed, I have several low intensity workouts, and 3 where my HR reached what it defines as my "Very Hard" Zone. Perhaps I need two more of those.

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The overview resides directly to the right in the dashboard. when you open it up in the "Home"section.
Mine states that I need to create at least five new workouts or runs in order for it to show any data.
So it seems that the last update of the Band or Health app bumped the ability to interpret the sensor data up a notch and so it can't use the old data because it seems to collect new data and thus you have to complete five to six workouts or runs / bike rides for it to work.

So get up and collect that data! :)
I need to do it myself just for the informational value of it. In my opinion, I'm pretty bad at lung capacity - or at least it's my feeling so I'm pretty interested on what the Band will show me.
Always love new information about myself and my fitness.

Regards,

danckel

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I am rather positively surprised by my fitness ranking:
fitness.png
I am 44 and wouldn't call myself a fitness freak. Is this measurement accurate?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I am rather positively surprised by my fitness ranking:
View attachment 104146
I am 44 and wouldn't call myself a fitness freak. Is this measurement accurate?
Mine still hadn't shown up. Logged out and back in again and there it was!

View attachment 104171

Both of you clearly have defective Bands. I'm 48, run my *** -- OK fine, text-filter -- I mean, backside off (just a bit of hyperbole there), and can barely eke out a 43.4 VO2 max. Something ain't right with this picture and it's on your wrists! :crying:

-Matt

Dlaf42

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Here is mine 42 year old male just started to workout 5 days a week for the last year.. weights and cardio.Down from 20st to 14st so don't know if this is true or not:eck:

Untitled picture.png

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You have to do at least 5 runs or bike rides since they enabled the feature.
I suspect you may need to go hard enough to convince it that you've hit your max HR a few times.

Last edited:

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else notice the comments in the steps area?

Things like:

"This is around the greatest distance flown in a wing suit. Excellent work!"

"This is about the length of the Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox Arizona."

I think I should take it easy one day to see if it says "The average distance a tree sloth falls when it dies."

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You must be doing way over 10000 steps? Mine says nothing witty that I noticed but I really barely crack 5000 most of the time

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
You must be doing way over 10000 steps? Mine says nothing witty that I noticed but I really barely crack 5000 most of the time

No, I'm using the "factory" goal of 5000.

In the Health App: From the main screen, click on the "Steps" tile. Scroll down a little. Between the graph and the steps history, you'll find it.

In dashboard: On the right "Did you know", just below "Your current fitness level".

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh there, I was looking on web dash board.

Mine just tells me my stats like how much I surpassed or distance. Today at least

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there any good reason why they don't use the historic data? Are they recording more information since end of April with each exercise than before or is it just lazy development and lack of number crunching?

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why fitness level never updated after first calculation.
Well, I had some "soft" trainings that calculated a "high" value of 39.4 (which in reality is medium/low). After that calculation I had at lest other 5 trainings, very hard, classified as "Strenuous" but the VO2 max remained always the same... I don't expect it to jump at stars or something like that, but how is it possible that it never changed of a small 0.1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb