What is your current fitness level?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I see similar inconsistency in HR measurements after the completion of the workout. It seems that the Band loses the pulse more often when you finish the workout, than during bike/run. Several times I was watching it lose the lock on pulse, I tapped the Me tile and scrolled to the far right to see the HR "Acquiring" message. That seemed to help, as it's apparently hunting for the pulse more aggressively in that mode.
I'd imagine that after the workout, it falls to the "1 minute out of every 10" routine. If you happen to be moving in a way that prevents lock, then you don't get it. But tapping on the Me tile fires up the HR sensor right then and there. If it locks, it records.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I really haven't been able to discern any consistency in whether or not the 1 and 2 minute recovery hr readings are successfully recorded. I've been very deliberate about sitting quietly post-workout, and locking the hr through the 'me' tile, and making sure it stays locked throughout the 2 minute period. Sometimes I get both 1 and 2 minute readings, sometimes just the 1 minute, sometimes none. Heck, sometimes I don't even get an ending hr reading on the workout.

Daniela S

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Clipboard01.jpg

Elite - female - 31 years - resting heartrate (sleep tile) between 38 and 43.
Running 3-6 times a week + additional 20h / week of workout + 6km a day on bike (3 km to work and back)

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I suspect it needs to see a certain profile - something that tells it you're really working. It seems my workouts are not strenuous enough - it hasn't given me a rating yet.

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Interesting that it notes a run or bike ride is required.... I have been recording the elliptical as a generic 'workout' since this is how they advise it to be added in the FAQ... I suppose I'll try adding them as a 'run' instead. Has anyone been able to get the rating without a 'run' or 'bike' workout?

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed that the activity summary data download contains a column for "Calculated_VO2_Max" It is blank for all of my activities- so I suppose I won't be seeing it on the dashboard anytime soon :)

This said- it's cool that they are giving access to the data.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed that the activity summary data download contains a column for "Calculated_VO2_Max" It is blank for all of my activities- so I suppose I won't be seeing it on the dashboard anytime soon :)

This said- it's cool that they are giving access to the data.

How do you access this? I can't seem to find a column for V02 Max, or am I confused about where its located?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Nate if you download your data as Excel spreadsheet, on the second sheet ("Activity Summary"), column N is "Calculated_VO2_Max" (at least for me).
But don't get your hopes up -- it is perennially blank. :crying:

-Matt

Daniela S

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but I can't resist. A heart rate between 38~43 is called a coma... ��

My best is 64 and often 70, you really have a "competition pump"

:)

I double checked it with my "real" HR device (not optical) after wakeup in the morning its about 48.
I attached my June "Observations" average sleep ;)

restinghr.jpg

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm totally frustrated by the MS Health VO2 calculation. It has steadily declined for me over the last few weeks, from 38 to 29. This in spite of steadily decreasing weight, and steadily increasing cycling mileage. I'm averaging 18 to 20 miles, three to four days per week, and this in very hilly northern Maine terrain. I managed to bring my average speed up over 15mph in spite of the fact that the uphills are approximately 16 times longer than the downhills :sweaty: (at least it seems like they are). I'm also doing a couple of miles walking on the treadmill at 4.3mph and full elevation on off-cycling days, combined with a half hour of strength/core training.

Garmin is showing my V02 as 43. MS has me at 29. I realize that there really isn't that much value in this stat., but sheesh, throw me a bone, will ya?

anon(9173271)

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
So I was not sure if I should take run/bike literally.... and I have not been running or biking much recently... so I have been recording my elliptical sessions as runs w GPS off... I got my first VO2 rating today at very high 36.7...

Do others record elliptical as runs? Or as general exercise? It seems to make more sense in the general exercise tile as I am already placing 'runs' and 'walks' in the run tile.

danckel

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
How often does this max rating change for you?

Mine has been stuck at the same original (and unbelievable) high rate of 50.1.

Are there any updates?

Best, Danckel

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine hasn't changed in weeks now. I've pretty well decided that its completely useless. Doesn't really bother me though, since I get my rating from my Garmin device as well.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My estimated VO2 max was first established at 42.8. It was set the week of a half marathon after I had been running 5 times a week and attending a fit camp 3 days a week for about 3 month.

I'm not too surprised that it has "decreased by 2.16% in the last 79 days." In that time, I've limited my running due to some inflammation in my knee caused by all my training. I've recently started tracking daily sessions on an exercise bike as part of my physical therapy to strengthen my legs and alter some of my running mechanics. I can see how cutting back my exercise for 3 months has effected my quantifiable fitness level.

Attachments

• fitness.png
    fitness.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 25

anon(9312357)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Not once yet can I get this to calculate this for me! I have completely given up that for some reason I can't get this to display for me at all!

Mike

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Not once yet can I get this to calculate this for me! I have completely given up that for some reason I can't get this to display for me at all!

Mike

I had the same experience. Once I gave up and stopped trying to make it work, it worked. And for the most part, it has worked ever since. I have no idea why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss