What is your current fitness level?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the same experience. Once I gave up and stopped trying to make it work, it worked. And for the most part, it has worked ever since. I have no idea why.
Ditto. 3-mile run today and it didn't even occur to me to fiddle with the Band and trick it into locking the HR post-run -- mainly because I was too busy gasping for air. :sweaty: Sure enough the 1- and 2-minute HRs showed up. Did a 2-mile dog-walk later and same thing (minus the gasping).

But to add insult to injury, here is a very strange observation: my "estimated" VO2 max abruptly dropped this week from ~45 to 37.7, though it STILL SAYS "ELITE". And FYI, "elite" is supposedly for VO2 max > 43. So there's a bug in the system. Maybe I'll try my previous hack of logging out, clearing cookies, and logging in again!

EDIT: well, the "hack" brought it back up to 38.4, but it still shows me as "elite" when it should be "very high." Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess. On the other hand, don't trust the MS Health calculation of V02 max seems more realistic!

-Matt

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So what are the tricks that definately work to get the 1min + 2min HR after a run? Last 10 runs or so I only did get a 1min HR rate, but not the 2min...

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So what are the tricks that definately work to get the 1min + 2min HR after a run? Last 10 runs or so I only did get a 1min HR rate, but not the 2min...

I've got nothing definite, as far as I can see its totally random as to whether it works or not. I've had the best results with just ending the activity and letting it go back to the watch face (if you have that enabled), and sitting quietly until a couple of minutes go by, trying not to jostle the Band, so the hr sensor doesn't loose contact. Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With Gen 1, I rarely got 1 min HR or 2min HR, despite trying suggestions in this thread, and I never got a VO2 max calculation, despite many hard bike rides.

With Band 2, logging my first work out of any type, I got 1 min and 2 min HR after biking to work today and doing nothing special after ending the ride. That said, I hadn't used my band 1 for a few months and there may have been firmware tweaks that would make a difference if I was still using that.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
"To get an estimate of your VO2 max, you?ll need to do at least 5 run or bike workouts with an elevated heart rate."

While not stated, I'd imagine you might have to have GPS on - especially for biking so it can get a reading of your "output" and not just your HR. If your weight is going down, you might want to make sure MS Health has an accurate number.

Alex Temple

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, newbie here! Just like to add to the discussion. Was interested to see what 'VO2 Max' was as it was blank when I got the Band and had no idea what it meant. After the required 5 runs of 5Km, it did indeed come up with a result: Elite. Which is ridiculous for someone who hates running, barely does it at all, doesn't go to the gym or lift weights and only plays Badminton & Tennis a couple of times a week (I do cycle to get there but it's less than 10Km).

I'm expecting the reading to fall as it gets more data, which is kinda disappointing as I would've preferred it to start low and then I could see progress.

I wonder if I could get a refund (or upgrade)? The HR monitor went mad at one point too, saying I was at hundreds of bpm :unhappysweat: Luckily it didn't seem to log that in the Dashboard, though there are several 200+ readings - I'll have to do more research tbh, never was into electronic fitness wear until now but am otherwise impressed with the Band and glad I got it (at a bargain price, ?50, mind)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb