What should I do to get more space to be able to update latest windows: Micorsoft Lumia550 8Gb ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,
I have Microsoft Lumia 550 with 8 Gb internal storage. Phone is working fine. And now it shows in Phone update, updates are available:
-Windows 10 mobile(10.0.10586.682)
-Windows 10 mobile(10.0.14393.448)
-MICROSOFTMDG update for windows phone

It says temporarily need 2.03Gb of space.

I have removed everything and all app are in SD cards, only build in apps are in internal storage which I can't do anything.

Any idea how should I update this.
I am very fed up doing reset and download again again.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
Arjun

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you go to the "Storage" app, then hit "This Device"...

Should
A) tell you how much free storage is available...
B) Let you remove/clean up any temporary files to possibly free up more space... scroll down and see if there is something listed under "Temporary Files" and "Other" that you can possibly clean up for extra storage.

Ngamoe

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I have cleared everything.. It was 8gb phone but as you know it always is never 8gb, it have 7.28 only as it shows.
I even remove all other emails.. only left microsoft email which windows require.
System reserved 4.64gb and App and games reserved 4.64gb.. I have only 1.8gb left..
The app and games are already in the windows which i can't remove and uninstall..
Weird ! Update available is all time and can't update..
I even try remove the data from One Notes.. no help..
Seems like I have to reset without email ? I think microsoft mail couldn't update right?
Also it is bad all time , have to reset in order to get update..

Ngamoe

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I have cleared everything.. It was 8gb phone but as you know it always is never 8gb, it have 7.28 only as it shows.
I even remove all other emails.. only left microsoft email which windows require.
System reserved 4.64gb and App and games reserved 4.64gb.. I have only 1.8gb left..
The app and games are already in the windows which i can't remove and uninstall..
Weird ! Update available is all time and can't update..
I even try remove the data from One Notes.. no help..
Seems like I have to reset without email ? I think microsoft mail couldn't update right?
Also it is bad all time , have to reset in order to get update..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000