What should upcoming flagship Lumia phones look like?

Thamostkorrupt1

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
In my personal opinion I think Microsoft is a tad behind in some features both hardware and software. I will like it they can add the following features:

Hardware: Fingerprint sensor, hearth rate monitor sensor, 2k screen and stylus for phones with big screens like the Lumia 1520

Software: An health app by swiping to the right from the home screen, more toggle options in the action centre especially for data connection, multitasking window and app sorting in the menu.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the following is just my opinion on your ideas, and I by no means mean any personal insult or offense. Just in case.

Honestly, I see zero value in a heart rate monitor (feels like Samsung's kitchen-sink approach, better in an accessory.), 2K screen (I avoid giant screens, so 2K is useless, but on larger panels, sure), and active stylus support (without software support)

Health app should not be that easy access (sounds like clutter to me), unless its something available to most, toggles are nice.

I would say top end bleeding edge hardware so people would stop complaining about it being a 9000 instead of some 9001.
Nice display, glance, and delay it/release it later so it looks like the current gen flagship, since I keep hearing about people complaining about how theres no new flagship. Not like the 930 is basement hardware...
I guess you could go crazy in a model or two, but also keep a conventional mostly safe thing around. Improve anything, a killer feature or a few, and if you do make one, make sure you can easily explain how it will improve usage.
Oh and glance. and a really nice battery. Nokia doesnt always do razor thin, go for battery!

Toby777

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I feel that MS should have organised a flagship 1030 or whatever, before or as the iPhone 6 was made available.

I think they may have somewhat missed the boat now that the majority of users have had their contracts finish up and have re-signed on for another 2 yrs etc... and selected the iPhone 6/6 Plus.

If they made a nice elegant looking device like the Surface Phone concept made by someone a couple of years ago... (Google it)
It could definitely be a hit. Give it similar specs to the Xperia Z3 and lots of people (myself included), would've at least had a choice to go to.

I mean if you look at it, most average people choose iPhone because it does look sleek and elegant. They don't really care about the specs inside.

And get rid of all this exclusive sh1te! Make the phones available worldwide at the same time, like how Apple releases their iPhones at the same time.

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Eh, Microsoft is preparing to replace the Lumia lineup with a purely Microsoft made device lineup, but made by the Lumia Team.

So based on this I'd expect this :

• Tegra K2 for Graphics on 5.2 and 6 Inch Phones
  • Tegra K1 for Low-end 4.3 Inch Phone
  • 2K Screen for all phones
  • 5.2 Inch Display for Flagship,
  • 6 Inch Screen for 1050 Successor that's also a Galaxy Note Competitor
  • 4.7 Inch Display for mid-end Phone
  • 4.3 Inch Display for Low end phone
  • Surface Style Touch Keyboard for 6 inch Phablet
  • Surface Pen under a new name for 6 Inch Phablet
  • Xbox variant of the 6 Inch Phablet without Touch Keyboard and Pen that includes a Touch Gamepad that clips to device like Touch Keyboard that also has the Xbox One Controller's Controls
  • 4.7 Inch Phone gets Music Variant
  • 5.2 Inch Phone has Superior Sound Quality and Superior Camera to the HTC M8 with Windows
  • 6 Inch Phablet comes with Drawing Tablet app and OneNote
  • Surface design for 6 Inch Phablet

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to see a Lumia 920 style body that is thinner, but enlarged to accommodate a 5.2" screen. To me, the 920 is the most beautiful looking phone ever designed, and also feels great in the hand. It also stands out from the cookie cutter designs on the market from other manufacturers.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
While I do think that the Lumia 920 design is nice, I prefer the pillow shaped design on the 800, 900, and 1020. A slimmer and slightly larger version of the Lumia 900 would be nice.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If we are talking looks wise, I think the look of the Icon/L830 is a good look. It feels more inline with the looks of their Surface designs and looks great.

Software wise: If they can incorporate MSFT HealthVault or Health & Fitness more into the vision of Xbox Music that would be great. After that I think further refinement and integration with future Windows platforms and the Xbox One would be great.

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Something that rarely comes up but often affects me is a better areal.. I hate it when I cant get reception but the Samsung next to me can etc. Being on the road alot in rural settings every bit helps! I hate not being able to get OneDrive..

It might seem silly to some but in Australia reception is a big advertising ploy for a reason!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon