What USB Wifi adapter should I get for miracast support on my Windows 10 computer?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If i remember correctly, you need more than just a compatible wifi adapter... your video chipset AND cpu have to support it as well.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If i remember correctly, you need more than just a compatible wifi adapter... your video chipset AND cpu have to support it as well.

Correct, but all modern vid card drivers support this. Certainly AMD, Nvidia and Intel drivers all have Miracast support. The problem, for desktops anyway, is almost always the network card because finding a network card with NDIS 6.3 support in the driver (other than ones that come in many laptops) is very difficult. This information is simply not available from the manufacturers or stores, so it's a case of buying adapter after adapter until you find the rare one that works.

Or asking on here. I've not found one yet but I'm very interested if anyone else has.

One thought, is it very difficult to install a laptop wifi card into a desktop PC? I've never looked at it (never bothered replacing a laptop wifi card), but assuming they're PCI-E rather than some specific laptop or proprietary connection it should be do-able? That would solve the problem.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
One thought, is it very difficult to install a laptop wifi card into a desktop PC? I've never looked at it (never bothered replacing a laptop wifi card), but assuming they're PCI-E rather than some specific laptop or proprietary connection it should be do-able? That would solve the problem.

depends, as laptop cards have gone though various formats, from mini pcie to m.2/ngff...

maybe something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Bplus-wirele...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3557813

paired with an intel 7260ac (I know that card supports miracast, as i have it in my Yoga 2 pro and used miracast this morning. but I cannot promise that it'll work at all with the adapter card in a desktop pc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon