What way up do you sit your Surface when not in use?

Fishtoast

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

With every Surface I've had (RT, Pro 1 & Pro 3) when not in use I've always closed the type cover and sat the Surface on the table (or whatever) cover down, and my soon-wife does the same with hers (she learnt it from me).

I do this for two reasons - 1) I thought that was how you were meant to do it. 2) I'm scared of scratching the back of the Surface (much easier to replace a worn tatty type cover vs getting a new finish applied to your scratched Surface)

However, everyone else I've seen seems to place their Surface back down onto the table and close the cover so that it is facing up. It does look pretty cool sitting like that, but I'm just so worried about destroying the finish.

How do you guys do it, and what're your thoughts on this?

Matthias Verboven

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
With my Surface 2 I always closed the cover, opened the kickstand and put it away like that.

So like this:
12990c93-f90a-4e08-a609-de0e11713c2e.png

But with cover on screen.

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use a SKINOMI Skin Protector with it so I just don't care where I put my Surface Pro 3. It's perfect.
Everyone should get one. Hope it helps.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I didn't vote as there wasn't a 'both' option.
It depends on the surface I'm putting in on to whether it goes Typecover down or not.

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I use a Urban Armor Gear Scout case with my Surface Pro 3, Cover up most of the time, this photo was just showing the back of the case for Instagram pic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss